Bagged 98-Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Well we have all been there, just stick it out and you will have a nice truck in the end and one you can be proud of and know its all done right!

Thanks for the encouragement. Been pretty busy with life for the last few days so I don't really have any updates. I did buy a mig welder Monday so I could weld up the spring pocket cracks and any other frame/suspension problems I find, then I will start shaving handles and such. Pretty exited to get started! expect some updates after Easter!

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Got the truck running a lot better. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, and oil change.
Now I have a few questions.
Any idea what this is?
You must be registered for see images attach
I've looked all over and can't find where is should be plugged in??

What would cause my oil pressure and temp gauges to not work?
Both needles move but temp never goes above whats shown and oil pressure is above 80 when not running and where shown when it is running?

Any good ideas on how to fix my spring pockets?
I was thinking I would weld up the cracks, then round out the cuts and weld some 1/8" round bar along the edge.

Hoping to pull the bed some time this week to check out all the air management and pick up some por-15 to make it look pretty:D

How do I make the pictures bigger in my posts??

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Done a few more things but not much worth mentioning. I really need help getting this thing road ready.

Is there anyone on here in the Beaumont or Baytown Texas area that knows what they're doing and wants to make some money? I have $1500-$2000 I can spend. I just want the truck to be safe to drive with my daughter in it.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know there are some reputable shops in Texas but don't know how close to you. Look up db rods and see how close he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Too bad you aren't closer, I would like to help you with your truck!

That would be awesome! I'm actually originally from southeast Arkansas, my dad owns a Carquest in Eudora, Ar. If I was in that area I would trailer the truck up to you and stay in a hotel until we were done lol.
I was out of the scene for a while because of my job but I've been building trucks since I was a kid. I went to Showfest in Greenville for the first time when I was 12 and fell in love. When I was 13 I spent all the money I had ever saved on a 71 c10 that I learned on. I just don't have enough tools, space, or help where I'm at now to do all that needs done, and I would like to have this truck ready for Heatwave in Austin!

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
I know there are some reputable shops in Texas but don't know how close to you. Look up db rods and see how close he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Db rods is a pretty long trip from here. There is a lot of great shops in the Houston area that would do awesome work but I would prefer to pay an individual so I could hand out and help some and maybe make some new friends in the area. Minitrucker friends are in short supply on the pipeline lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That would be awesome! I'm actually originally from southeast Arkansas, my dad owns a Carquest in Eudora, Ar. If I was in that area I would trailer the truck up to you and stay in a hotel until we were done lol.
I was out of the scene for a while because of my job but I've been building trucks since I was a kid. I went to Showfest in Greenville for the first time when I was 12 and fell in love. When I was 13 I spent all the money I had ever saved on a 71 c10 that I learned on. I just don't have enough tools, space, or help where I'm at now to do all that needs done, and I would like to have this truck ready for Heatwave in Austin!

Man I hear that, we went to Showfest when it was in Greenville too, good times right there! Good luck and I hope you find some good help and some new friends in the process!

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Few updates.
Picked up a 96 model dash without passenger airbag in perfect condition with hvac and gauges for $125. It would have been a simple swap but whoever took it out cut the wires at the main harness instead of unplugging it :Stupid Me: . So far I've got the old dash out
and swapped my old wires into new dash

I talked to the previous owner yesterday and he is going to help me weld up the spring pocket cracks for free. With the little stock wheels on it you couldn't see the cracks and he seemed to genuinely feel bad about it so once I get the dash in I'm taking it to his shop for that so I should finally be able to drive it soon!

I also went by Ekstensive in Houston yesterday and picked up some shock relocators and an avs arc-3 switch box.

I had to hang out in there showroom and parking lot for an hour drooling lol