Bagged 98-Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Last edited:

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Finally got it drivable. Fixed the spring pockets and added shock relocators. It drives so much better now!
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up a smooth front bumper at the junk yard and got it all put back together.

Still have to replace all of the ac components and delete the abs before I start body work. Does anyone have a parts list and some pictures for deleting the abs? I hate the way it looks under my hood!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I took mine out also. If I remember correctly, I got the brake lines from a 88-93 truck and they bolted right yp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Well I took mine out also. If I remember correctly, I got the brake lines from a 88-93 truck and they bolted right yp

Thanks man. Went to the junk yard and picked the front lines and proportioning valve from an 89 today. Now I just need to figure out how to hook it all back up. Ordered all new ac components too so bodywork pictures should be coming soon finally! :headbang:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man this post is like a reminder from the past for my truck. Did the same thing all at the same tims

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
Got my raised tank crossmember in from lowrider depot today! Does anyone have pictures of what they did with the transmission crossmember? I need to get that and exhaust done so I can go drag!

Attachments

• xmember.jpg
    xmember.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 19

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
As you can see hear on my frame. You can weld plates to the side of the trans crossmember and drill your holes at the correct height. Then bolt on from the side.

Low4lyfe

Reaction score
As you can see hear on my frame. You can weld plates to the side of the trans crossmember and drill your holes at the correct height. Then bolt on from the side.

Thanks man, that's exactly what I needed

Reaction score
Didn't have time to get the seats mounted tonight, but we did get the new wheels on! :big_banana_Dance:

Black KMC Slides. 20x8.5 +10mm offset with 255/35 tires. Looks like a completely different truck now!

These are 20s? They look so big!

Dfreitas486

Reaction score
20s front and back? thinking about those for my truck so hard to find some that will tuck. I run a set of spindles i got for free too that push out 1/4 i think too might have to replace those too. do the wheels look like they would be paintable?