Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight users thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question for you all / seeking recommendations: what are you running for your marker light housings? Mine are still the originals and are in tough shape. I like the OE look but want them to compliment the ARTEB headlights.

I've been wondering about this myself. I've got some discontinued DNA Motoring (eBay seller) clear parking light assemblies in both trucks, similar to these Anzo 511032.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BBJ5I

They look good with my current Anzo headlights, but I'm curious how they'll look with the diffused lenses of the Artebs. I need to hurry up and install them...

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I bought some Hella brand low beams that will either go in the Artebs or replace whatever is in my Volvo.

I'll probably transfer over what ever is currently in my highbeams......I think they're original since I rarely use highbeams in the truck.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I bought all new stock replacement lights/housings from TYC and have a decent used grill to go in.....I'll actually have a bowtie badge again!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This is specially what I bought for low beams, but again not sure if they'll go in the Artebs of the Volvo.

They just got delivered.

They're made in South Korea, if it matters to you. I decided to go with Hella since the Volvo has a lot of Hella stuff from the factory. Otherwise, I'd be looking at US or German made bulbs. Some of the Phillips are German/US, but some are China. I don't think I've looked at Sylvania up close yet. I think OEM for out trucks is Sylvania.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since we're talking bulbs, there is a GM part number for the 9011 HIR high beam bulbs I mentioned earlier. 15094219. Pretty sure they're made by Philips.

I think OEM for out trucks is Sylvania.

I'm not positive but that seems reasonable. I seem to recall a picture that someone posted here recently of a set of factory US composite headlight housings with a Sylvania stamp or sticker on them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not positive but that seems reasonable. I seem to recall a picture that someone posted here recently of a set of factory US composite headlight housings with a Sylvania stamp or sticker on them.

I would guess the housings themselves were made by the Guide Lamp division of GM. My OEM (not originally from my truck) tails say "Guide" on them.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installation of the Arteb reflectors: Vent tubes

Here's a picture that very clearly shows how the tubes should be oriented, pointing down.

The vent tubes and their orientation were discussed in this very thread, prior (link) https://www.gmt400.com/threads/arteb-brazil-gmt400-headlight-users-thread.56596/post-1220082. This is just a follow-up post.

The reflector looks naked because I've removed the mounting and adjusting components.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It may be possible to simply re-use existing brackets already bolted to the radiator support, but I haven't tried.

A few days ago I had a little free time so I decided to try this with my Suburban. It didn't work for me unfortunately, but the result was so close that I believe it might for some. I believe that part of my issue was the fact that my Suburban currently has aftermarket brackets installed that came with my Anzo 111004 headlights, and another part is probably that I installed those brackets a little bit off from where the factory ones were. Long story short, the gap on the outside of the light housings was just a little too tight, and the Artebs were making contact with the grille there, which prevented the outside mounting holes for the threaded stud from lining up properly.

I believe if I had installed the Anzo brackets slightly more towards the center of the grille, everything would have cleared and bolted up. Out of curiosity I did try mounting one of the Anzo housings out of my Suburban to one of the Arteb brackets on the workbench, and they went together just fine.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Regarding the vent tubes, they do make it a little harder to get the housings through the hole in the grille. I was able to do it with them in place though. They're flexible enough that you can poke them through with a small dowel or other pokey-proddy device if they get bound up on the grille during installation. Or at least they were on my 'burb.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to installing these. I'll probably have to wait another couple of weeks, though. I just dont have the time right now.....too little time with too much to do until I'm off work for a bit.