Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Arteb front turn signals aren't shown in the Arteb 2019 catalog; the most recent in which they appeared was 2018 (attached). They can be found / purchased via other channels, e.g., mercadolivre.com.br as noted by @Caman96 , but I never talked much about them (if at all) in the Arteb threads because (a) our jobber couldn't supply them ("not current") and (b) they appear to be almost identical to the US OEM lights.

I believe but can't yet prove that Arteb manufactured the GMT400 front cornering lights as well. My oldest Arteb catalog is 2014 and they are not shown, there.

Attachments

• Page from Arteb catalog 2018.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been posted here prior, but I'm putting it in regardless.

One GMT400 member offered this (below) as a solution to the US GMT400 "4-wire" taillight wiring adapted to Brazil GMT400 "5-wire" taillight wiring.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cpufreak101

Reaction score
Maybe this has been posted here prior, but I'm putting it in regardless.

One GMT400 member offered this (below) as a solution to the US GMT400 "4-wire" taillight wiring adapted to Brazil GMT400 "5-wire" taillight wiring.

An issue with this solution is that it actually won't carry through a hazard light signal as it has no way of differentiating the brake from the turn signal in that scenario. It may work if you're a bit afraid of wiring and you don't live in a country requiring amber turn signals (as hazard light functionality would most certainly be checked in inspections from what I'm aware).

When I get home today I'll try to make a video for y'all of how I have mine wired up, it's really not that complicated :)

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cpufreak101

Reaction score
Info on how to make the wiring changes for the Arteb taillights...

@Cpufreak101 posted an elegant solution to the wiring changes necessary for the Arteb taillights. I haven't confirmed if applies to all GMT400s or only specific years or models (truck, utility).

Take a look:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/wiring-changes-to-suit-arteb-taillights.63786/post-1347572
I can confirm for a suburban that, due to not having any possible way to have a bed topper, they likely don't have the extra brake light wire and would need to be ran from the front, and the wiring diagrams do have slight differences in trucks past '95 that I haven't checked yet (I know the multifunction switches are different so I'm not sure if the same color codes apply).

I have an emergency trip to make at the moment, but I'll try to get a video done as soon as I can.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can confirm for a suburban that, due to not having any possible way to have a bed topper, they likely don't have the extra brake light wire and would need to be ran from the front, and the wiring diagrams do have slight differences in trucks past '95 that I haven't checked yet (I know the multifunction switches are different so I'm not sure if the same color codes apply).

The Suburbans (and all utilities? likely IMHO) have a CHMSL at the back of the vehicle, so the extra brake lght wire is already in place in the rear. I have not looked for / located it in the harness, so I can't tell anyone where to find it.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arteb taillight circuit board connectors:

This topic's been covered before but here's an update as of today Apr16, 2024.

The Arteb circuit boards utilize a 5-wire connector.

Suitable mating connectors can be built from scratch, e.g., using parts from Delphi / APTIV which can be purchased from Mouser, DigiKey or elsewhere. A Google search for "delphi 12186400" and "delphi 12084891" will turn up some links.

The completed connector assembly with pigtails is available from various sources under at least p/n 19369027 and p/n PT3818.

There is also al mis-labeled completed connector assembly sold on Amazon as PT1937; typically the PT1937 is a four-wire connector but someone's selling a five-wire version under that number.

There are differences in the above options that are subtle for this application, e.g.,18ga pigtails vs. 12ga pigtails.

@PM18S4, an active member, has been researching this and other facets related to retrofitting the Arteb taillights on the US platform. Expect to see more information credited to him on this topic. Here's a set of pigtails he recently assembled:

@Cpufreak101 has been involved as well. He has posted about retrofitting the taillights multiple times on GMT400.com, and he and I have had many sidebar email discussions.

For reference, here are the Arteb circuit boards, pictured below. These have been pictured elsewhere on GMT400.com as well.

Also pictured is an Arteb circuit board with a mated connector, picture courtesy of @PM18S4.

Attachments

• Circuit board pair from Argentina Apr2024.jpg
    Circuit board pair from Argentina Apr2024.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Circuit board from Argentina with Connector Apr2024.jpg
    Circuit board from Argentina with Connector Apr2024.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Arteb taillight circuit board connectors:

This topic's been covered before but here's an update as of today Apr16, 2024.

The Arteb circuit boards utilize a 5-wire connector.

Suitable mating connectors can be built from scratch, e.g., using parts from Delphi / APTIV which can be purchased from Mouser, DigiKey or elsewhere. A Google search for "delphi 12186400" and "delphi 12084891" will turn up some links.

The completed connector assembly with pigtails is available from various sources under at least p/n 19369027 and p/n PT3818.

There is also al mis-labeled completed connector assembly sold on Amazon as PT1937; typically the PT1937 is a four-wire connector but someone's selling a five-wire version under that number.

There are differences in the above options that are subtle for this application, e.g.,18ga pigtails vs. 12ga pigtails.

@PM18S4, an active member, has been researching this and other facets related to retrofitting the Arteb taillights on the US platform. Expect to see more information credited to him on this topic. Here's a set of pigtails he recently assembled:

@Cpufreak101 has been involved as well. He has posted about the taillights multiple times on GMT400.com, and he and I have had many sidebar email discussions.

For reference, here are the Arteb circuit boards, . These have been pictured elsewhere on GMT400.com as well:
The extra pin is for turn signal functions separately from the brake lights, correct?
The 800s had this and I always thought the 400s should have....

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The extra pin is for turn signal functions separately from the brake lights, correct?

Yes, that's correct.

The schematic for the Arteb circuit board, right side, is below, courtesy of @PM18S4. The left side is similar.

Attachments

• Taillight.jpg
    Taillight.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: