Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arteb was the OEM provider to GM Brazil for GMT400 headlights and taillights. Arteb continues to manufacture and distribute replacements which can be purchased through various automotive parts retailers in the Brazil market.

The Arteb taillight for the GMT400 will be the subject of this thread. The Arteb headlight is the subject of other threads on GMT400.com

Cosmetically, the Arteb GMT400 taillight is an OEM-quality piece that differs noticeably from that used in the US.

Functionally, it provides the same utility.

Interchangeability is "partial". The Arteb taillight uses a "circuit board" design which was manufactured by Arteb but which is no longer available new in Brazil. It differs from that used in the US.

References:

Silverado Group Brasil on FaceBook:

Arteb's website - Arteb provides lighting products to a variety of manufacturers in South America

Arteb's product catalog - 2019 is the most current version as of this writing

Silverado: Engine, sales volume, years, versions, details

GM's South American production of the GMT400 utility vehicles

General Motors do Brasil - information on Wikipedia

Attachments

• Taillight.jpg
    Taillight.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 238
  • Taillight detail.jpg
    Taillight detail.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Left side circuit board used GM Brazil Arteb.jpg
    Left side circuit board used GM Brazil Arteb.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Right side circuit board new GM Brazil Arteb.jpg
    Right side circuit board new GM Brazil Arteb.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Arteb catalog 2019 - Silverado.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Acquiring the Arteb GMT400 taillights

Arteb's GMT400 taillights are B$400/ea to purchase new and another B$30 have shipped to the Forwarder in Brazil; adding 20% for forwarding yields a total cost of B$996, which at today's exchange rate of 5.06 amounts to US$197 for the taillights themselves, and add approximately US$50 for shipping to the US. These prices and the exchange rate are current as of this writing Feb22, 2022.

Acquiring the Arteb "circuit boards"

We've been trying to find a source of used Arteb taillight circuit boards and haven't been fruitful as yet. We plan to contact Arteb to determine if they can point us to a distributor or retailer that might have remaining stock.

Oddly, the US-style circuit boards are readily available here in the US from third parties, but there's no similar support in Brazil... which is perhaps an artifact of Brazil's intellectual property rights laws.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For reference, here's the GM Brazil part number for the right-side circuit board.

As of this writing, I've only found one of these for sale, in Uruguay, and the seller won't ship it outside his country :(

Attachments

• Right side circuit board new GM Brazil label.jpg
    Right side circuit board new GM Brazil label.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Right side circuit board back new GM - another.jpg
    Right side circuit board back new GM - another.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about the Arteb taillights:

The connectors for the Arteb circuit boards used on their taillights employ a 5-pin Delphi / Aptiv p/n 12084891 connector that's similar to the US connector, the primary difference being the US connector has only four of the five bays populated and the Arteb has all five populated.

Pictured below is the connector used for the Arteb circuit boards, fully assembled and populated:

You must be registered for see images attach

Below is the connector used for the US circuit boards, fully assembled and populated, for reference.

You must be registered for see images attach

The Arteb circuit boards for the Arteb taillights are elusive. They are no longer available new, and no third-party produces them. I've only been able to find them used in Brazil, and even then they're only occasionally available. Interestingly, the left-side circuit boards are relatively easy to find used, the right-side are not.

Attached is the section of the Delphi / Aptiv catalog that details the connectors.

Attachments

• Connector - Delphi Global Catalog.pdf
    773.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Cpufreak101

Reaction score
Thank you for this thread! I've just managed to import a set of these lights by shear luck just to then realize this board issue. I am talking with some friends in an attempt to DIY a solution (everything from a wooden board to a custom 3D Print to just finding a way to skip the board entirely) though I may even just try a purchasing agent to buy some direct from Brazil thanks to your part numbers. will report back whatever happens.

EDIT: I did also manage to find a left side part number, it's 93255754

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just managed to import a set of these lights by shear luck just to then realize this board issue. I am talking with some friends in an attempt to DIY a solution (everything from a wooden board to a custom 3D Print to just finding a way to skip the board entirely)

One option for the Arteb taillights is to use a replacement bulb socket, e.g., one from Standard Motor Products. See attached picture, or see this post of mine for more pictures https://www.gmt400.com/threads/acquiring-arteb-brazil-gmt400-headlight-reflectors.44133/post-1255666

I prefer to use the circuit boards, provided I can find them... which requires persistence, as they're only available in South America either used or, very infrequently, as NOS.

The circuit boards retain the proper bulb placement (depth and filament orientation) in the reflector housing, which would be difficult or impossible to attain using a bulb socket. Too, the bulb sockets won't be as sturdy, being held individually with just a few closely spaced tabs, as opposed to the large and integral mounting provided by the circuit boards.

Attachments

• Three sockets in housing.jpg
    Three sockets in housing.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about the Arteb taillight electrical connectors:

I've been informed by @JaySS that the proper 5-pin connectors needed for the Arteb taillights can be found readily, as they were used on the 1999-2004 Olds Alero and 1999-2005 Pontiac GrandAms, both of which had five-lead, "red/amber + back up light" taillights.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A source for the circuit boards: At least, for now...

I've mentioned earlier in this thread, the circuit boards used with the Arteb taillights are no longer produced by Arteb and AFAIK were never produced by a third-party.

In Brazil, we've been able to find used circuit boards for the LEFT taillight, but those for the RIGHT taillight were elusive. Strange.

I started looking around other parts of South America and found some sellers in Argentina who were sourcing, used, BOTH LEFT and RIGHT circuit boards.

Carlos has picked up a few pairs, so he has them "in his pocket" if someone might need them.

Last edited:

Cpufreak101

Reaction score
Thank you all for the info! Now that I got the truck and the info y'all gave me, I got the tail lights installed and fully functional! Here's a pic of the truck, I'll get another pic when it gets darker showing the lights. Next step: the headlights!

Attachments

• IMG_20230314_131429997_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230314_131429997_HDR.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 63