Arteb Owners Map - US (GMT400 OEM headlights GM Brazil)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you wait till you can get a group of members to buy in or can you do individual sales on these?

They’re available “single purchase” if someone wants a single pair (or two... or three...).

The way I do this “Arteb” buy is:

- when the exchange rate is favorable, and
- I think there’s demand, then
- I send Carlos enough money to buy 12 pairs, at which point the jobber discounts significantly

The result is quite good, as this last 12 pair “buy” locked the price at $296/pr, delivered to a US address.

So we’re sitting on a few pair now if someone needs them. Of course,…

Once they’re gone, the cycle may repeat. I’ve done this “12 pair buy” twice this year, and will continue if conditions warrant (see bullet list above), but conditions can change :33:

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You have some sets ready to send out if I send over a payment? Or would I still have to wait months?

Also, how are the exchange rates currently compared to when you placed the last order?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have some sets ready to send out if I send over a payment? Or would I still have to wait months?

Carlos should be able to ship in a day or two. I’ll check with him if you wish.

Also, how are the exchange rates currently compared to when you placed the last order?

The current exchange rate is ~5.2:1. That’s pretty good, and I think I bought this last 12 pairs when the exchange rate was around 5.4:1 (better).

Back around April 2022 the exchange rate had dropped to something like 4.6:1, which was very unfavorable. Earlier in 2022 it was as high as 5.5 or 5.6. So it’s a real wildcard. Timing is everything.

Oddly, inflation has not changed the jobber price of the headlights or the shipping from Brazil to the US (as yet anyway).

1996Dually

Reaction score
They’re available “single purchase” if someone wants a pair (or more).

The way I do this “Arteb” buy is:

- when the exchange rate is favorable, and
- I think there’s demand, then
- I send Carlos enough money to buy 12 pairs, at which point the jobber discounts significantly

The result is quite good, as this last 12 pair “buy” locked the price at $296/pr, delivered to a US address.

So we’re sitting on a few pair now if someone needs them. Of course,…

Once they’re gone, the cycle may repeat. I’ve done this “12 pair buy” twice this year, and will continue if conditions warrant (see bullet list above), but conditions can change :33:
Im interested in a set. Ive decided against the clear lens glass ones based on reviews and the Artebs are gonna be the best choice as far as correct lighting on the ground. Just let me know how to go forward on getting a set. Thanks

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you wouldn't mind checking with him, my Dually needs headlights as the dark half of the year is starting. And these seem to be the best of the best out there for our trucks

Im interested in a set. Ive decided against the clear lens glass ones based on reviews and the Artebs are gonna be the best choice as far as correct lighting on the ground. Just let me know how to go forward on getting a set. Thanks

I heard back from Carlos; he's got two pair at his house presently and can ship no sooner than Monday, as he's busy tomorrow and there's no shipping (the office is closed) on Sat/Sun.

He doesn't ship more than one pair per day, and doesn't ship on consecutive days, so as to stay under the radar of Brazil's customs.

Interested? PM me and we'll "do the details" (shipping address, etc.)

Carlos shipped a pair last week Monday to Washington state; USPS was at the recipient's door with the package this week on Tuesday. So, just for reference, that was a pretty quick trip.

Last edited:

1996Dually

Reaction score
I heard back from Carlos; he's got two pair at his house presently and can ship no sooner than Monday, as he's busy tomorrow and there's no shipping (the office is closed) on Sat/Sun.

He doesn't ship more than one pair per day, and doesn't ship on consecutive days, so as to stay under the radar of Brazil's customs.

Interested? PM me and we'll "do the details" (shipping address, etc.)

Carlos shipped a pair last Monday to Washington state; USPS was at the recipient's door with the package the following Tuesday, just for reference. That was a pretty quick trip.
PM sent

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you wait till you can get a group of members to buy in or can you do individual sales on these?

Sorry I never replied in detail. Others might find this interesting.

We make individual sales, but we’re steered by the group demand.

We usually try to have a couple pairs on hand.

When volume is high, we place larger orders, ship to meet demand, still carry a few pairs “on hand”, and continue this cycle until volume drops.

Volume may drop for many reasons… supply shortages (which recently was an issue), unfavorable price / exchange rate movement, decreased / exhausted demand, to name a few.

Once volume drops, we may decide to sell all pairs and not replenish until we feel there’s enough new demand to justify another volume purchase… volume gives us low per-pair cost.

We had a low volume situation about a year ago where we were forced to simply buy individual pairs at full retail price to satisfy individual requests. That’s when pricing was around $430/pr. So then it’s a Catch-22 situation as demand doesn’t build because of high price, and we can’t lower the price because demand doesn’t justify a volume purchase.

Last edited: