Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight users thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mn_ski

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, that makes sense why the Amazon link you posted in #2 comes up with NightGuide Platinum. Oh well, I got the Sylvania Xtravision high and low installed. I also got the lens all cleaned and dried. More importantly the light is re-installed with all drains pointed down :cool:. I positioned the lights up slightly from were they were at. And I figured out a location that I can do a good aim job at. It is outdoors though so I will be waiting for a bit before I go do that.

Tomorrow will be the car wash test. Thank you for all your help!
You must be registered for see images attach

kawamatt2

Reaction score
My set of headlights arrived Friday 09FEB. All 4 adjusters would not function correctly, for the lead screw would spin when turning the adjustment screw. I solved this by disassembling all adjusters and running an M6x1.0 tap through each white plastic gear component. Then the adjusters would function just with hand force on the torx screws.

I also noticed a sight bit of clearance inside the adjusters, that manifested in play in the headlight housing with respect to the core support mounting bracket. I installed a 0.01" thick plastic ring shim inside each adjuster under the white gear component. This tightened things up and there is now no discernible looseness or slop in the lead screw/gear insider the adjuster housing.

After install of the housings and mounting brackets to the core support, the passenger light needed to rotate clockwise (when viewed from front) very slightly to level the housing to the grill opening. This was accomplished by only loosening the 4 bracket mounting screws and moving the bracket. The driver light needed to rotate quite a lot counterclockwise however. So much so that I needed to enlarge the mounting bracket dowel pin holes in the core support. I think I opened the holes to 1/2" or so. Then I could rotate the bracket/light down enough to level it with the grill opening. No pictures yet after leveling.

Still playing with the optical adjustment and have found what (I think) seem to be a set of Philips xtreme vision 9006 bulbs to purchase. Very pleased so far with output and light pattern.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My set of headlights arrived Friday 09FEB. All 4 adjusters would not function correctly, for the lead screw would spin when turning the adjustment screw. I solved this by disassembling all adjusters and running an M6x1.0 tap through each white plastic gear component. Then the adjusters would function just with hand force on the torx screws.

I also noticed a sight bit of clearance inside the adjusters, that manifested in play in the headlight housing with respect to the core support mounting bracket. I installed a 0.01" thick plastic ring shim inside each adjuster under the white gear component. This tightened things up and there is now no discernible looseness or slop in the lead screw/gear insider the adjuster housing.

I also used a tap. I'll have to see if mine need the shim.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Light bulbs for the Artebs

Light bulb selection has been a common topic in this thread, beginning with one of the earliest posts by @df2x4.

Lately some Arteb buyers have mentioned Daniel Stern Lighting to me (www.danielsternlighting.com/) as a source of advice and products.

Those who are interested in bulbs for the Arteb headlights might want to peruse his site or contact him directly. Evidently he's well-regarded...

Daniel Stern is the General Editor of DrivingVisionNews.com, the global automotive lighting industry journal. He is a committee chair in the SAE Lighting Systems Group, and participates in the research and development of Canadian, U.S., and international vehicle lighting technical standards and rules.

From https://www.oildepot.ca/blog/automotive-headlight-answers-interview-expert-daniel-stern/

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited: