Arteb Headlights / Taillights End-of-Life (?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed you had a problem... to my knowledge we've never had a breakage problem shipping to the US. I try to follow-up with every buyer but not every one responds, so there's that.

I've broken the posts on my own headlights through mis-handling, and fixed them using this JB Weld product, a urethane...

JB Weld "Plastic Bonder" is a quick-setting, two-part, urethane adhesive

That's what I got at Home Depot.

I wasn't installing them, so I don't really know 100% but my son said they were already broken and I believe him. He's messed with more OBS headlights than I have at this point.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are actually broken in multiple places. Not sure if that matters or not.

I don't like this plastic bonder, doesn't seem like it sets up very quickly and I'm having a hard time getting them to stay attached. Hopefully I finally got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're still broken off. I got some JB weld yesterday, it's on my TODO list.

I was at Home Depot today and, as this store anyway, they had the JB Weld "Plastic Bonder" for just under $9.

I've sent you $11 via PayPal to cover the cost of that goop.

If for some reason the mend isn't suitable, I'll make it right :waytogo:

(edit) I just saw the post with the pictures you posted prior

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are actually broken in multiple places. Not sure if that matters or not.

I don't like this plastic bonder, doesn't seem like it sets up very quickly and I'm having a hard time getting them to stay attached. Hopefully I finally got it.

Son-of-a-buck, that looks like it was caused by a heavy impact of some sort. The damage to the black bracket's a telltale.

Were the shipping boxes intact upon receipt... signs of deformation?

Tell me what it'll take to make this right. Post here or email me, as you choose.

Jim

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Son-of-a-buck, that looks like it was caused by a heavy impact of some sort. The damage to the black bracket's a telltale.

Were the shipping boxes intact upon receipt... signs of deformation?

Tell me what it'll take to make this right. Post here or email me, as you choose.

Jim

You're a class act. You're not a store and I don't expect anything. You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

The boxes looked fine.

I'm pretty sure it'll be fine if this goop holds.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're a class act. You're not a store and I don't expect anything. You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

The boxes looked fine.

I'm pretty sure it'll be fine if this goop holds.

I appreciate your comments, and thanks, but all the same... my offer still holds. If the boxes looked fine, then it must have been damaged prior to shipment and that's on us.

I wonder... (read on)

Carlos had received a headlight in the 2nd shipment that was very much damaged, and he sent me a picture (but I no longer have that picture, or I can't find it anyway, so I'll ask him for it). What I remember is the headlight was really beat up, and BOTH bosses were broken... just like yours.

I wonder if he mistakenly shipped that headlight to you. I had asked him to hold it for return to the supplier, and he may have packaged it up in anticipation of returning it but then things got mis-placed and somehow it went to you.

I'll check with him.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked with Carlos and he's still in possession of the headlight that was damaged during shipment to him from the supplier.

So he didn't accidentally send it to you, which is what I thought (incorrectly) might have happened.

Picture attached FWIW (thumbnail below, click for larger version).

@0xDEADBEEF, I'll make this right. I'll send you an email and start a dialog.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LONG transit time to Germany: and still not at destination

We've had a few buyers in Europe, but one recently in Germany bought a pair of headlights.

His shipment is taking FOREVER... FOR-EV-R, and it still hasn't been delivered(!)

Tracking shows this:

- Mar5 Carlos posted the shipment in Jacobina

- Mar7 it passed through Brazil customs and should have been put on a plane. Tracking says it "Departed country of origin" on this day.

- Mar25(!), it arrives in Germany, "Arrival in the destination country"

WTF is with that? 2-1/2 weeks to get from Brazil to Germany? We even paid extra for "Express" service, but evidently that was wasted money.

After about one week of this nonsense I got in touch with the buyer and we started making contingency plans, i.e., what if the shipment's lost, or been badly damaged causing a delay during shipment.

We still don't know the outcome; the Mar5 shipment is finally showing movement in Germany, today's status being "Departed from sorting center in Frankfurt".

BUT we shipped him a replacement pair, using different routing (that's an entirely different story), as a precaution.

One way or another he should receive the pair he bought. Hopefully he'll receive both shipments in good condition, and then we can figure out the next-steps.

Tracking info is attached as a .jpg

Attachments

• Tracking.jpg
    Tracking.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipment arrived at customer's in Germany:
It looks like it swam there

The shipment sent on Mar5 finally arrived at the destination... finally, after 22 days. Never again will we ship to Europe using "express" service, that was a waste of money.

Check out these pictures of the package. Evidently it swam to Germany, I guess it didn't get to the airport in São Paulo in time to catch the plane to Frankfurt.

DHL, upon receipt of the package in Frankfurt, repackaged it within the "DHL" box seen in the background.

The buyer reports the headlights are in good condition.

Meanwhile, many days ago we shipped the buyer a replacement (we did this because we thought his shipment might be lost or damaged), and that shipment has already passed through Brazil customs on it's way to the US(!) where it will be delivered to a forwarder... who will then send it to the buyer in Germany. The buyer suggested this routing (via US) as an alternative to the prior shipment.

Attachments

• 1000092646.jpg
    1000092646.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1000092647.jpg
    1000092647.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1000092649.jpg
    1000092649.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1000092654.jpg
    1000092654.jpg