Headlight Switch Question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-Lake

Reaction score
I have a 90 silverado with the flat bar headlight but prefer the dual headlights of 88 and 89. Called up a distributor to order the dual beam assembly and was told these two headlight assemblies are not interchangeable. For years, I thought they were. Anyone on this site have any experience with this switch?

Responses appreciated!

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You need to source a set of mounts for the quad beam set up. They wiil bolt to the core support in place of the composite mounts. You will also have to change the head light connectors on the wiring harness.

B-Lake

Reaction score
You need to source a set of mounts for the quad beam set up. They wiil bolt to the core support in place of the composite mounts. You will also have to change the head light connectors on the wiring harness.
This is the bracket to fit the dual beams. Do you know where I could purchase the harness?

Attachments

• IMG_6848.png
    IMG_6848.png
    628.6 KB · Views: 7

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Got ya, thanks! Have you made this switch and do you know if that bracket that I attached above will work?
I went a different route and removed the quad set up and went with single head light set up. I like them better. My first truck came that way and I have always liked the way they look. I also don't like the quad set ups light out put compared to the single bulb set up. You can see my '98 Suburban in my avatar with the single bulb swap.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you can get a "complete" set of the quad sealed beams, they will have the mounting brackets and the pigtails. Best place to source these is from a member selling a set, or out of a truck in the yards. See my post in the For Sale section "nice set of quad beams for sale", for some pictures.
In the Houston, Texas area they show up in the yards occasionally; last one I saw a listing for was in early September. Haven't been able to get out to that yard(or any others) but hopefully I can get to it before Christmas. They also have a crew cab I need some stuff from....