Anyone have a parts number for ext cab long bed aluminum 1 piece drive shaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I know a t56 will bolt right up. But having one of those in a 6200lb truck is just what I need it for. I'd like to just go with either an hm 290 or nv3500. I'm getting kinda tired of the way the 700r4 tows.

The only shaft I found new and factory style is a Dorman one but it's 710 dollars. I guess it would just be easier to have the short shaft cut and a new yoke thrown on.

Well thanks.

Why go with a HM290 or NV3500 besides saving some initial cost before blowing them up?

HM465 or NV4500 Same but stronger in almost every way respectively. Slightly different gearing between the variations but absolutely bulletproof until you get to high-HP rock crawling territory.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about your area but the nv 4500 is over 1000 around here most of em I seen where for 4wd anyway.

I forgot these came with an old bulldog trans. Well I guess you got me stuck between 3 transmissions.

I was either gonna choose a Super T-10 BW or an nv3500 for the overdrive but an sm465 does sound tempting.