any easyer way to drill holes for c noch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Title says it all. I spent an hour yesterday and only got two holes drilled! Got a brand new $16 titanium drill bit. I'm 6 ft tall and 210 lbs and its eating my lunch. Lol. I don't have access to a welder neither! Any tips or tricks?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And are you spinning the drill full speed...or going as slowly as possible? Using cutting lube and very slow speed will go a long way towards getting it done. Otherwise, you're just gonna burn up the bit.

Richard

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I got everything supported and cut the frame so I could slide the notch in place and then c clamped it tight, then drilled the holes. If you have a 1/2" drill it makes quick work of it and of course some good bits! I used Dewalt Titanium pilot point drill bits.
You must be registered for see images attach

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No step drilling. I spray it with pb blaster every few minutes. I been drilling full speed I'll try the slow and easy way. Not sure of the brand on the bit, but i recall it having some kind of special cutting tip on it..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You want to aim for so slow that the drill barely wants to turn. You can get the "chips" to come out as a long spiral if you do this, and the bit will last the longest. The bit you have now is already toast. You may be able to sharpen it...or just go buy another. Or two.

Richard

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some files, I'll try sharpening it. If its still slow after that, I'll get a new one.
Is pb blaster an OK lube? Or should I snag some thing different?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Trying to sharpen a Titanium bit with a file would be an exercise in frustration. Ti is way too tough for that.
I've seen guys sharpen bits freehand on a grinder. I've tried. Can't do it! End up with a bit with weird cutting angles
Now I use this...

You must be registered for see images attach

Perfect angles every time!