Where to drill hole in fire wall for after market gauges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That_91K1500

Reaction score
Installing a small after market water temp and oil pressure gauge in my 88 c1500 Silverado. Just wanting suggestions for where to drill the holes to get the lines through and too the engine bay haven’t been able to find any photos or videos about it.(picture shows where I would like to mount the gauges)
You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Find the indent/perforation for the clutch master (hoping you have an automatic tranny). That's a perfect place with a known cavity. One where you won't drill through a wiring harness or fuel line, etc. Line the hole with a Grommet to prevent wire chafing too.
Additionally, there's a power distribution node right next to said area to pick up backlight power for the gauge.

That_91K1500

Reaction score
Find the indent/perforation for the clutch master (hoping you have an automatic tranny). That's a perfect place with a known cavity. One where you won't drill through a wiring harness or fuel line, etc. Line the hole with a Grommet to prevent wire chafing too.
Additionally, there's a power distribution node right next to said area to pick up backlight power for the gauge.
Awesome thanks for the info