Oil gauge pegs out after LS3 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1970

Reaction score
I have a 94 c1500 and have swaped out the 350 with an LS3 form an 01 chevy. Everything works great except the oil pressure gauge. Its a 3 wire gauge and its not connected to the fuel pump anymore. When I start the truck it just pegs out any suggestions would be appreciated!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the LSX + Carb Swaps sub-forum.

LS3 form an 01

Its a 3 wire gauge
3-wire GAUGE, or 3-wire SENSOR?

and its not connected to the fuel pump anymore.
Seems silly to disable GM's redundant fuel pump system. What are you doing with the extra wires?

I'd expect the sensor is set up to have fuel pump power IN, fuel pump power OUT, and a single wire for the gauge.

When I start the truck it just pegs out any suggestions would be appreciated!
Is the sensor compatible with the gauge? I'd expect a 0--60 psi gauge. Perhaps the sensor is a 0--45 unit.

Are you connected to the proper terminal on the sensor? If you connected to the wrong terminal, the gauge would act very weird.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's typically what happens when the oil pressure sensor goes bad.

The LS3 didn't come out until 2009 or something like that.
Yeah.. 2008 Corvette first LS3 I believe. Wonder what OP really has in there..

The old man has an LS3 (modded beyond stock) in his '49 Olds, which is also far from stock. They used the engine, trans, floor pan, etc. from a donor Camaro. It'll get it..

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

m1970

Reaction score
The Gauge is the factory 0-80. The fuel pump is not wired from the oil pressure gauge anymore since I had to have a higher pressure one. There is adapter where I am using my old oil pressure unit and connector that runs to the gauge.

m1970

Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the LSX + Carb Swaps sub-forum.

3-wire GAUGE, or 3-wire SENSOR?

Seems silly to disable GM's redundant fuel pump system. What are you doing with the extra wires?

I'd expect the sensor is set up to have fuel pump power IN, fuel pump power OUT, and a single wire for the gauge.

Is the sensor compatible with the gauge? I'd expect a 0--60 psi gauge. Perhaps the sensor is a 0--45 unit.

Are you connected to the proper terminal on the sensor? If you connected to the wrong terminal, the gauge would act very weird.
The Gauge is the factory 0-80. The fuel pump is not wired from the oil pressure gauge anymore since I had to have a higher pressure one. There is adapter where I am using my old oil pressure unit and connector that runs to the gauge.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What oil pump did you use? Apparently putting the wrong pump in can get you 120psi. If you have access to Engine Masters, they did just this in their latest video.