...And the most disgusting seat award goes to.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agree. It is so easy to keep the interior of a vehicle clean, and probably so much healthier.

When all I could afford were cars under $50, (back in the mid 60s), I once bought a 52 Hudson Wasp two door. It had been sitting for a while, and did not smell very nice at all, but that was all I could afford.

Took it home, and cleaned it up a bit, then took two spray cans of air freshener and emptied them under the seats, in the upholstery, the trunk, everywhere. It smelled ok, until the next morning, when it was all bad again. I thought I'd check the glove compartment, which was elbow deep on those cars. I stuck my hand in, and there was something very gooey and sticky at the end. Yuck!

Can't understand why the previous owner let that car, which was in basically OK shape, get so crappy inside. And never opened the glove compartment again!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
People are disgusting. I go apeshit every time one of my friends accidentally almost leaves a cup in my cupholders or something similar. You brought it in here, take that crap with you! My vehicles are not trash cans!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
A few years ago there was an older guy who brought his near new Hyundai Genesis in because of a foul smell inside. It was quite smelly when opening the door. The car looked brand new inside, and I checked the obvious first, cabin filter, to make sure no animals had made a nest or anything, it was clean. The only thing in it was a plastic bag in the back seat.... turned out to be a half gallon of milk that had been in there for 3 weeks, it was pretty nasty. Spray bombed it with air freshener and sent him on his way.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Years ago, I had a car that developed a stink issue. I looked and looked inside, but could never find the problem. One day I opened the trunk, and found the plastic container of chicken livers that I was using for catfish bait. Needless to say, 3 week old chicken livers in August are quite the smell.