About cam time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The OP has a NV4500 in his truck. I would personally swap to the Mexican GMT800 L31 P59 tune in a DBC P59, then tuning becomes easy for anybody that can tune a LS. I have the untouched file as both a .BIN for Universal Patcher/TunerproRT/PCM Hammer and .HPT file for HPTuners. The Mexican P59 tune was setup for a L31/NV4500 from GM. The upgrade spider was good for ~450 hp at 70 psi fuel pressure on my 383. He will not find the limit of the spider with stock Vortec heads on a 350 with anything resembling a streetable cam for his truck.
Sounds like a good start for a l29 4500 truck

MuDDnsucH

Reaction score
I'm running a .507/.515" lift Lunati cam on untouched Vortec heads in WCJr. I did the measurements when I assembled the heads, and I could go up to .530" with safe clearance for the umbrella valve seals. I called Lunati and told them I was going to be using the truck on the street with some towing and that I wanted plenty of performance. I told them I was able to run up to .530" lift and that I had Vortec heads and they spec'd the cam I have.
Do you still have your cam card

MuDDnsucH

Reaction score
someone already said it but call you favorite cam manufacturer. or a couple. compare, watch some engine masters and see how those cams lay out with your new found intelligence.

Id personally look into something along the lines of the comp extreme energy or comparable. Unfortunately i think youll have to settle with just mediocre giggity machine, albeit everyones seat of the pants dyno are non comparable. anyways its a spider injected vortec 5.7. Without a ton of changing and tuning your gonna find limits the easy way or hard way.

Dont forget the trans, the 60e isnt gonna be shy to tell you its not fond of abuse or more power going into it. "bigger"cam means more converter and better parts etc etc.
Well she's already 0411 swapped with HP Tunes and there's no 4l60 here super low geared late model Chevrolet nv4500 with 513 gears she'll spin all four tires and she's got the direct injection upgraded spider fuel injection system I still got plenty of gas I can turn up just need more flow

MuDDnsucH

Reaction score
The OP has a NV4500 in his truck. I would personally swap to the Mexican GMT800 L31 P59 tune in a DBC P59, then tuning becomes easy for anybody that can tune a LS. I have the untouched file as both a .BIN for Universal Patcher/TunerproRT/PCM Hammer and .HPT file for HPTuners. The Mexican P59 tune was setup for a L31/NV4500 from GM. The upgrade spider was good for ~450 hp at 70 psi fuel pressure on my 383. He will not find the limit of the spider with stock Vortec heads on a 350 with anything resembling a streetable cam for his truck.
I will take that HP tune file if you can send it I just open it up in editor and press right correct the most fuel pressure I get out of this thing is right at 60 PSI under medium load

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score