'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, looks better than before! :D Also going to be painting my tow hooks red as well on my 98, once the plow mount is removed.

Might want to plasti-dip the chrome on the mirrors, since there isn't much chrome on it anymore.
Thank you! I'm really liking the black. I plan on painting the mirror caps to match the factory grey and plastic dipping my rear bumper black for now. I got around to painting one of my wheels. It could use some wet sanding and polishing once the paint cures, but I think itll look great!

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a set of atturo az800's to put on these wheels in 285/60r18, and eventually getting some 20x10s with 275/55r20 Falken Wildpeaks. These will be my backup set and also what I'll throw on if I decide to take it to a test and tune night at one of the local tracks.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also getting down to just needing gaskets, bolts, headwork, and an oil pump for my cam swap!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger on a set of wheels and tires last Friday from MrWheelDeal.com and can't wait to get them installed once they arrive! I'm also excited to start the cam swap here in a few weeks as well! It will be a good time to do it while we're all under quarantine lol.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An update on the Burb:

Saturday I went to drop off my 799 heads for my buddy to clean up, port, mill, do a valve job, and install new rockers and springs.

After that I headed off to have my new flange welded on for free at the exhaust shop the dealership that rebuilt my transmission last uses. They had cut out my flange I had before and welded in a piece of pipe straight to my header because they thought my band clamp was broke and said the gasket was bad. (I had a new set of gaskets waiting at home). Upon arriving home, I went to unbolt the flanges to inspect the rattling noise and install my new gaskets. Upon inspection, I discovered that the jerkwad left the piece of 2.5" pipe he had cut out inside of my new 3" flange. I was very nice and patient with them and they wanted to be blunt and petty. If you live in the Rowan county area, I would advise to stay away from Johnny's Muffler in Salisbury.

While I was under the truck working on the exhaust, I noticed coolant dripping from the bottom of the bellhousing. I tracked down the source of the leak to the rear corner of the drivers side head gasket. I plan on pulling the engine apart this weekend and going ahead with my cam swap.

Later I was helping my girlfriend bag up and unload leaves at her church. I was backing up and thought I was clear of the basketball goal. When I looked back in my drivers mirror, I noticed I didnt see the goal anywhere, so I instinctively went to hit the brakes. As soon as my foot touched the pedal, "WHAM!" it was too late. I got out and saw the damage, and was pissed at myself for ruining a perfectly good bumper and rear quarter panel. Luckily, my rear barn door appears to be straight, and it didnt damage my tailight any. Now I have an excuse to get a k2xx rear bumper for it!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That blows. I've backed into all kinds of stuff and never so much as dented the bumper. Of course I think all my instances were slower than idle dragging the brakes.