'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got a text saying it's ready to pick up, and another saying it's a $75 charge for the exhaust repair since it is not the original engine. I dont mind paying that, but they're going to put my flange back the way I had it before I pay anyone. If I knew this screwup would happen I would have had it done myself.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dealership dropped the $75 fee for the exhaust work, called the muffler shop and asked about the flange, and said if I can provide another clamp and gaskets, then they'll install it for free. I got in the suburban and checked for codes, I noticed after starting it that it had a rough idle and a code for bank 1 sensor 1 o2. Come to find out, the 02 sensor was unplugged and the connector had melted against the header. They fixed that on the spot. The suburban is shifting great now, better than it did either time it left the other dealership. I'm very pleased with their customer service and communication. They will definitely have my business in the future!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
New bumper, plate bracket, and plate are installed! Painting the wheels today.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Where'd you get the plate bracket? Diesel bumpers had different plate brackets than gas bumpers with the rubber strip.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Damn, looks better than before! :D Also going to be painting my tow hooks red as well on my 98, once the plow mount is removed.

Might want to plasti-dip the chrome on the mirrors, since there isn't much chrome on it anymore.