'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Suburban is almost all together and ready to hit the road! I have to wire my maf and iat to the new maf, fix my alternator wire, bolt down my pitman arm and top off fluids!

I got my pcm back from Black Bear and was able to fire it up for the first time. That 6.0 sounds mean with just headers!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took it out for its first test drive! Drives great but doesn't want to get under 215 degrees. It didn't get over 225 though either though, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna be hard to not do donuts! 4L80e coming soon....
I haven't even opened her up yet LOL. The most I had it at was 3/4 throttle, and it went from 0 to 40 pretty quick!

Last edited:

lorenzom3

Reaction score
I haven't even opened her up yet LOL. The most obvious it was 3/4 throttle, and it went from 0 to 40 pretty quick!

I’ve been interested in swapping my k1500 truck with 5.3 any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been interested in swapping my k1500 truck with 5.3 any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you research, collect all the Parts you need, and be prepared for things that don't work out the way you think they will. Other than that, it's a fairly straightforward swap on a 96 up truck

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally figured out my cooling issue, I had an air pocket in the cooling system somewhere. Unhooked the line from the throttle body to the radiator, and it shot out a lot of bubbly coolant. After that it never got over 205.
The LQ4 certainly is a huge upgrade from the 350. It pulls just as hard, if not harder at lower rpms, and pushes you back in the seat once it hits around 4k rpms. The 350 would fall on its face after 3500 rpms.
I let my dad drive it and his reaction was priceless after doing a 30-55 WOT pull. He was all grins afterwards. I feel like I'll be helping him do a ls swap on his suburban in the near future!
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was gonna say air pocket because my LS6 Corvette did the exact same thing.
I'm glad I got it straightened out! I remembered reading something about them being bad about air pockets after studying on it.

Last edited: