'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured it's time for a little update while the suburban is down. I haven't really done a whole lot to it other than driving and maintaining it.
I have built a custom air intake scoop that feeds into the factory intake tube that goes into the fender. I don't know how much it helps, if any, but it's something I haven't seen done before.
I managed to successfully do the nbs master cylinder swap and bought a second adapter that sealed up correctly and man does the pedal feel better! I feel much more confident with my brakes now.
Tonight driving to my buddies house, my throttle kept hanging up. I had to put it into neutral once and shut it off because it wanted to go and redline. Turns out the throttle cable is frayed badly and was getting caught in the guide. I shopped at several auto parts stores for a new one with zero luck so I'm going to have to go to a pull a part in the morning to get one.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of air intake for like this banks truck for turbocharged trucks that are clear with the amber halo ring for turn signals

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some test fitting on the flares I ordered today and figured out what kind of fasteners I need. Looks like I'm going to have to trim the fronts at the bottom or else they'll get ripped off at full lock.
I'll be painting my grille and the flares here in the next few weeks.
Also waiting on my nnbs shifter to come in so I can wire up my tow/haul switch.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Did that grille come with the mesh pieces, or is it an insert you found?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made some good headway on the swap this weekend. I was able to get the frame cleaned and painted, installed my Energy Suspension clamshell mounts, removed the power steering box to be rebuilt by Blue Top Steering Gears, and got the LQ4 sitting in its new home. I cut off my exhaust back to my muffler and test fitted one of my headers. I still need to torque the transmission bolts and the torque converter bolts. Then comes the fun part... wiring! If all goes well, I should be hearing it run Saturday!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few pics of the frame.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn ur moving along way faster then my swap.
It's taken a lot of planning and time collecting parts lol. I've been wanting to do this swap for years now so I guess I'm extremely motivated and excited that it's finally happening!