'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
If I could find a cheap, rear de-fogging power slider... That would be... AMAZING!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Its been a pain trying to keep this thing clean. I live on a dirt road, and it is at a point where its impossible to make it home clean after washing it. Oh well. I usually just give it a quick rinse at work before leaving if it looks dusty. Today was actually the first day I went to use the AC since last year, and it didn't work. I do know that the pigtail for the HVAC controls is in need of replacing, so sometimes the 3rd fan speed doesn't work. I figured maybe that was causing the issue. I pulled it apart and played with the wires, and couldn't get it to run. To narrow it down, I figured i'd do an AC service since work was slow this afternoon. I must say, in all my year doing AC services i've never had one evac the EXACT spec down to a hundredth of a pound. This truck calls for 2.00 lbs of freon, and I recovered exactly that much. After recharging, I checked the fuses and relay, all good. I looked on Identifix to see what was common, and one of the top things was the high pressure sensor on the back of the compressor. I went to go test the circuit, and turns out stupid me forgot to plug it back in way back when I did the injectors! Plugged it in and instantly had cold air.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Some settings not working is usually the resistor.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Some settings not working is usually the resistor.

Tyler/T-Unit
That was my initial thought and had ordered one back when I got the truck last year, but it didn't fix the issue. I grabbed the control panel out of my plow truck to swap in, and found the pigtail was slightly melted and one of the wires backed out of place. I pushed it back in best I could, and it works most of the time now. Easy enough just to snag one from the junkyard, or even just grab the one from my plow truck, but it hasn't bothered me enough to actually do it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Obvious sign of failure is obvious lol.

Tyler/T-Unit

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Haven't updated in a while, no real news other than i hate my road, this summer has pretty much been a recreation of the dust bowl. Been driving it less now that i have my GTP daily beater. Even when dirty still looks sexy :D