'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Actually did something! I've been driving it as is for a while now, nothing really interesting to report up till now. I got a diesel bumper! I also got this lower valence a couple months ago for cheap and figured why not toss it on. The guy i got it from had it on a Tahoe, and put the Hella fogs on. I haven't decided if it looks too ricey yet or not, but ill run it for now. Worst case ill put the stock one back. Another cool thing, i found a hideakey behind the bumper, and it had the original spare!
You must be registered for see images attach
youll fit right in at the jdm car meets lol

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Not much to update still, just been driving it here and there hauling stuff. Latest is another 2011 Sonata with a blown engine. I did however find myself a new set of wheels, bought them locally of off a guy who had them on his 98 k3500 with 36"s. He bought the wheels new and had them professionally widened, balanced, and powder coated. The rears are wider than the fronts but he made it so the track width will match front to rear. I will be painting them black and using the stock trim rings and center caps i have now.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Won't the different widths make your tire diameter different (front to rear) and mess up your gearing when in 4wd?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Won't the different widths make your tire diameter different (front to rear) and mess up your gearing when in 4wd?
Also, if you're in 4wd, you should be on a slippery surface. The binding in the geartrain is relieved via wheel slip.

Some trucks have different ratios front and rear from the factory (ford) so the front end. When the front tires spin "faster" than the rears the truck will follow the front tires instead of the rear pushing the ass end around.

Also, if you keep a 1-2% difference in the wheel speed between the front and rear tires you won't notice them being off until you try to turn the wheel sharp.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't understand.... why would anyone want wider rear rims, especially when running the same tire?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I don't understand.... why would anyone want wider rear rims, especially when running the same tire?
Because the track width of these trucks is different front to rear, these will make it even. There is only a 2 inch difference in width of the wheels, but the difference in backspacing is what gives the rears the wider look

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Because the track width of these trucks is different front to rear, these will make it even. There is only a 2 inch difference in width of the wheels, but the difference in backspacing is what gives the rears the wider look

You don't need wider rims to make it even. All you have to do is change the backspacing. All I can figure is that the guy was trying to keep the mounting centered. I would run a spacer so that all four rims were the same and would serve all positions.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the new wheels on today, they look better than i expected! I decided to leave the trim rings off. I ended up having to trim up front a little more to keep from rubbing but well worth it. Also finally ordered some premade 3" dual tailpipes, should have that on by this weekend.

Last edited: