'97 c1500 EXT CAB 5.7 is on its 3rd THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docs

Reaction score
After the 2nd TPS replacement, I took the throttle body off 5.7 and thoroughly cleaned it. Check engine light back on with TPS faulty code? Any ideas....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a scanner on it and see what the voltages are at idle and WOT with KOEO (s/b ~.45 and 4.5+). Check to make sure it's smoothly increasing when accelerating slowly. To get those values you may need to slot the mounting holes with a Moto tool.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the 2nd TPS replacement, I took the throttle body off 5.7 and thoroughly cleaned it. Check engine light back on with TPS faulty code? Any ideas....

Conclusion: there's nothing wrong with the TPS. You likely have an issue with the wires or connections themselves. Time to get out the multimeter and start checking circuits.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a thread--maybe a year ago--where a guy had installed multiple TPS sensors because they were breaking.

Are yours breaking or just not operating properly?

I don't remember what the solution to his problem was. May be that there wasn't one. I assumed he was either installing them incorrectly, or the throttle shaft was bent.