95 454 k2500 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new here. I currently have a 95 k2500 I got for pretty much free. The engine was completely trashed. I've rebuilt another one for it and it's almost running, but I came acrossed a great deal on a 6.0/4l80e combo in a van for.. Well less than a grand and they both run great. My question is being I have the whole van do I just use the engine, bolt to my trans or do I have to use the whole unit from the van and find a floor shift t-case to bolt to the newer trans? Is there a write up on getting the harness merged also? Any help is greatly appreciated

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just keep your transmission, as your transfer case won't bolt to the 2wd transmission from the van.

If you want to run the transmission that came with the 6.0, you need to tear it down completely to change the output shaft. But both use the same 32 spline...

Check out LT1swap.com The guy has a video on how to merge the 2 harnesses.

Good luck.

JeremyNH

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before you jump to the 6.0 LS make sure that it will do what you want it to. The L29 will outpull the LS motors. LS beats on HP but that's simply because they rev higher (HP = tq x rpm). Your gearing will be set up for the low reving L29 so the higher peak HP is just a paper number. You really need to compare these motors on their peak torque and flatness of their torque curve since that will define their performance as you drive them around. My $0.02.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After considering what you want the engine to do you should consider what you would rather be doing with your time. The 454 will install and be up and running much more quickly than the LS.

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. I may just save the 6liter for another truck. This truck will be a work horse and has to survive extremes of 100*F down to -60*f which I nothing is designed for that lol. Not gonna pass up the deal. However this is my first 454 build or BBC period. I got it for a 150 with a summit k1300 cam in it already. The previous owner melted a piston. I put some 10.5cc domes in it an cleaned the cylinder walls which measured damn near perfect. I may swap the cam after I get it running for something and most likely a better engine management and fuel system