89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the diff apart a few more times and settled on two shims at .047 to get a good pattern. The crush sleeve eliminator kit didn’t show up yet, so final assembly will be later this week. The diff was the last thing to be rebuilt for the rolling chassis, just need to get the frame and a few brackets and crossmembers prepped and painted then it’s time to bolt everything together. Getting closer.

You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the good things about living in the desert is don’t have to deal with rust, until today. The cab mounts are not in good shape. Just ordered the kit from LMC. Wonder what they will be?

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rubber cab mounts on my truck were trash, too. I would have preferred rubber mounts, but I could only find them through LMC. Based on the quality of the products I have previously ordered from LMC, I assumed the rubber mounts would be cheap, overseas garbage. Let us know otherwise. I ended up installing Energy Suspension cab mounts.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the good things about living in the desert is don’t have to deal with rust, until today. The cab mounts are not in good shape. Just ordered the kit from LMC. Wonder what they will be?
They will be ok. I’ve used LMC on my ‘92 regular cab and the ‘95 extended cab. They fit fine. I’ll be getting a set for my ‘94. And I’m sure 1 bolt will break and cause me to waste a day fighting that.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got the 50mm throttle body today, looks good. We bolted it to the intake and spacer that we bored out a couple of weeks ago and everything lines up perfectly. This ought to flow better than a stock one.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend getting the frame and other stuff ready for the sandblaster. Got all the crossmembers, shock mounts and leaf spring hangers off and prepped then loaded up in the back of the truck. Then we loaded the frame on the trailer. Getting closer to realizing the fruits of our labor.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what your neighbors think of all the work going on. I know in my town bylaw says only "basic maintenance" is allowed. When I was doing my drop last year I was a bit nervous about some Karen calling it in to the bylaw "cop". I had the garage door open for the front, but I'm sure I could have talked my way out of it and I did the rear with the door closed.

I really wanna paint it myself but they have a law against that as well....so I'm not sure how I could pull that off without raising suspicion. Definitely NOT doing some eco friendly water based paint! Lol

You are definitely a few steps beyond basic maintenance at this point!!! Lol