89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the 50mm throttle body I’m thinking about.
Any other suggestions?
That looks good!! you doing a spacer plate? and as mentioned in the listing, your up grades to the engine, that should do really well for the build with some get up and go as well as drivability. For a 1st truck you really can't beat the TBI system, the price seems reasonable to me, I've been looking at the mods for the TB housing itself, get the adjustable pressure regulator, and throw on a set of headers on mine. And up grade the fuel pump...

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We didn’t get much done yesterday, we got about 10-12” of snow and spent most of the day playing and shoveling.
We did start painting the front diff, that Seymour’s aluma blast is nice stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went by Summit today to get some new wipers for my truck, ended up finding a new AC Delco ac compressor in the scratch and dent section for $125. And a set of speed pro 383 pistons for $90. Went in for wipers and ended up spending $300.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Score on the trip to summit. The painted parts look really nice. I wish I was able to do that on my GMC. Black frame paint and rust converter is all it got. Oh well, it’s lowered and hopefully people aren’t looking too closely at it anyways. I also wouldn’t know what to do with something so clean!

How excited is your son about everything? Having a great truck will be so awesome for him. My dad and I did a lot of work on his/my ‘92 together over the years. We’ve certainly had our good moments and also a lot of heated arguments while wrenching but we always say we’d never do it differently. Good memories.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cant beat that with a stick!! Nice A/C compressor!!!

WHAT!!!! no pics of the wipers and pistons?:p LOL!!

The front diff parts look awesome, that aluma blast is an awesome product to use!!

Man 10-12" of fresh powder, hope you took the sleds out?! Might have to take a trip to the little "biggest" town if thats what scratch and dent stuff looks like!:p!!

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoiler alert. We did a thing today.

The old hidden winch trick. :cool:

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Score on the trip to summit. The painted parts look really nice. I wish I was able to do that on my GMC. Black frame paint and rust converter is all it got. Oh well, it’s lowered and hopefully people aren’t looking too closely at it anyways. I also wouldn’t know what to do with something so clean!

How excited is your son about everything? Having a great truck will be so awesome for him. My dad and I did a lot of work on his/my ‘92 together over the years. We’ve certainly had our good moments and also a lot of heated arguments while wrenching but we always say we’d never do it differently. Good memories.
We are both excited. Some days it’s hard to tell who is more.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We finished painting the front diff and a few other things. Then I started getting things ready to assemble it tomorrow.