88 no power, complete power failure, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that purple wire is the starter wire that runs back to the ignition switch. Only hot in start.
My bad, I had to look it up, I was thinking about the dark blue wire that goes from the Knock Sensor to the ESC module. That's what I get for trying to remember sh*t.
You must be registered for see images attach

sjten10

Reaction score
The power distribution block has no power, the purple wire does run down to the starter. The red/black wire in the first pic is running to the negative post on the battery...maybe that is the problem!! The black wire beside it is spliced into a red wire so I didn't question the red/black wire's location.

Thanks for the help

sjten10

Reaction score
Here's the power distribution diagram:
The black/red at the junction block should run to battery positive. Are you sure it's running to battery negative?

Thanks for the diagram, this is a big help

Levman74

Reaction score
I know this is a dead thread, by it sparked my interest as I had a similar problem of no power to anything except lights and horn one day. Turn out the fusible link corroded away. Just FYI for anyone in the future