3500 Dually Rear Bumper Plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
So, I am wanting to put an LED Tailgate bar from the new Silverados on my truck, I have been wanting to for a long time. I noticed the difference between a 1500 and a 3500 with that light is the fact that it has a section cut out of the rear plastic on the bumper, it has been that way since they have started it. My question is, is there anywhere that I can get that top part of the bumper (black plastic part) to replace mine so I can add that light bar? Looks like this

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see where that black plastic has a section missing for that light.

Same with the new models.

You must be registered for see images

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
IIRC the bumper top pads that look cutuot, are actually 2 pieces, whereas the other is a 1 piece unit. They can be switched, but I think that the 2 piecers wrap over the edge of the bumper more, because they don't use the ribbed sections like the one piece. You'd have to trim the wrap around sections on the 2 piece to fit to the ribbed sections of the one piece.
The one piece has a lip under the tailgate to match up with the body sides. The 2 piece doesn't.
Those top pads sre pretty cheap. I got mine from LMC.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=19
You can see the dif. between part #1 & #6. They're the same price for the one piece or the 2 piece.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Could you grab some photos of yours so I can see how it is set up? I don't quite understand, there is two pieces where you step on, instead of one like my truck has? Then where does that lip come in to where it looks cut for the LED light bar?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the top pad is one piece and the side molding that goes right under it is the second piece.
you can pull it off any chevy bumper well DONT PULL IT OFF...lol it will come off easy but it will also break all the mounting hardware! hell i didnt learn that until i took my bumper off the 3rd or 4th time and noticed its bolted from the inside with nuts.lol
easy to swap BUT is much easier if you pull the bumper off to do it as those bumper brackets can get in the way. and you just snug them back dont tighten to tight cause its only plastic tabs!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Mine has the one piece. I gave my old bumper to 'Fastorange'. I'm going out in a bit, so I'll look for the other style & grab a pic.