3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toe an go is all most places want to do anymore. Most new cars are only adjustable on toe from the factory. I finally found a shop again that will take the time an do it right bit it runs $140 an he's almost an hour away. Worth it though for getting what you want/pay for.
The last alignment I had done cost USD$40 and they went as far as making it pull slightly to the drivers side to compensate for the heavy camber we have on our rural roads were I drive mostly. When I left the shop it was pulling me into the ditch so I turned around and went back and he put it back on the machine corrected it for free since he had forgotten it was LHD and had gone by the steering box position. I could drive down the road now and take my hands of the wheel and still track straight ahead. In saying that I am in a rural area and expect that I wouldn't get the same service in the city.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I’m going to give them a call on Monday. I already expressed my frustration about it in person but I should have been more firm.

Regardless, this is something that I had made recently. It’s a 3x5 flag featuring a silhouette of an ECLB truck. I printed our forum’s name and “slogan” on it along with the three most prevalent colors on my truck. Copper, white, and burgundy/maroon. It’s also printed on the other side with the truck always facing forward. Yes I also bought one of those goofy bed side flag mounts!

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yep I’m going to give them a call on Monday. I already expressed my frustration about it in person but I should have been more firm.

Regardless, this is something that I had made recently. It’s a 3x5 flag featuring a silhouette of an ECLB truck. I printed our forum’s name and “slogan” on it along with the three most prevalent colors on my truck. Copper, white, and burgundy/maroon. It’s also printed on the other side with the truck always facing forward. Yes I also bought one of those goofy bed side flag mounts!

Looks really cool!

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a toe-n-go. My sheet from the suburban last year is attached as well. I'd take it back and have them put it back on the rack.

Looks like a toe-n-go. My sheet from the suburban last year is attached as well. I'd take it back and have them put it back on the rack.

It is worth keeping these printouts when you get an alignment that works well for you. That way, when it needs redoing, you can hand them a copy and say that is what you expect as it has been done before and you know it works well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Alignment” lol.
Looking closer at this an the "after" measurements, do you like how the truck currently drives? I imagine it probably has a slight pull though. I don't remember seeing but did you remove the knockouts from the upper arms?

On a lowered truck you can throw the stock alignment specs out the window IMO. This isn't to terrible for a truck you'd like to drive in a sporty/aggressive manner. If you take it back, I'd ask them to match the camber by taking the LF to -.4 an try to get the caster matching closer. If you're not experiencing any tire rub the camber isn't as critical as the caster. If the LF is maxed out then they should back the RF down to the 4.7 but 5* of caster is actually good. I usually ask for as much as they can get but over 5 can make it feel darty an isn't great on a daily I think. Caster is not a tire wearing angle so just because its not "in spec" doesnt mean its a bad thing. Camber can be up to -1.0 before you affect your tire wear. I usually shoot for between -.5 to -.7 for extra fender clearance on a deep drop. GM asks for alot of positive camber in the spec which just gets worse as the body rolls in a turn. They actually had trouble getting my dually up to -.6 on the caster with the stock bolts so I'm surprised you have a positive on the one side.

Anyways, it could be better for sure but it's not as terrible when you look at it from a performance aspect an don't lock in on the GM specs, which are not really relevant anymore with all the modifications...

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking closer at this an the "after" measurements, do you like how the truck currently drives? I imagine it probably has a slight pull though. I don't remember seeing but did you remove the knockouts from the upper arms?

On a lowered truck you can throw the stock alignment specs out the window IMO. This isn't to terrible for a truck you'd like to drive in a sporty/aggressive manner. If you take it back, I'd ask them to match the camber by taking the LF to -.4 an try to get the caster matching closer. If you're not experiencing any tire rub the camber isn't as critical as the caster. If the LF is maxed out then they should back the RF down to the 4.7 but 5* of caster is actually good. I usually ask for as much as they can get but over 5 can make it feel darty an isn't great on a daily I think. Caster is not a tire wearing angle so just because its not "in spec" doesnt mean its a bad thing. Camber can be up to -1.0 before you affect your tire wear. I usually shoot for between -.5 to -.7 for extra fender clearance on a deep drop. GM asks for alot of positive camber in the spec which just gets worse as the body rolls in a turn. They actually had trouble getting my dually up to -.6 on the caster with the stock bolts so I'm surprised you have a positive on the one side.

Anyways, it could be better for sure but it's not as terrible when you look at it from a performance aspect an don't lock in on the GM specs, which are not really relevant anymore with all the modifications...
Appreciate that info. The knockouts have been removed. It does pull to the right and the steering does feel darty. I do believe it has to do with the slop in the input shaft on the box mostly.

I’m going to email Borgeson again and then they’ll tell me to do the adjustment on the top of the box, report back, then can proceed with the warranty.

In other news I finished the lift shackle and brake adjustment today. Pedal feels a lot better but I think there’s some improvement left on the table, so I’m going to drive it for a bit and maybe go a bit further. The parking brake works great.

Here is how it sits now. Still a little rake, but I’m living with it.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alignment scheduled with WCFab for Thursday. Will see how they do. I drove the truck more today. Parked it in the garage after and it felt hot. Grille and air cleaner were even warm to the touch. I installed the upper grille filler panel that the 88-93 trucks have. Upper rad hose is hot, gauge reads about where I expect it once it goes into closed loop. I’m thinking I’m going to get an infrared thermometer tomorrow and check it out again.

Hard to tell if my fan clutch is working because of how loud the exhaust is. Need more data first.