2000 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Threads been super dead while I was saving up for a full suspension and brake rebuild. Mostly taking care of small stuff in the mean time, but someone decided that they needed this truck more than I did. It got stolen Saturday morning and is more than likely in Mexico by now. So instead of brake and suspension rebuild, I'll be saving up to get another GMT400 since the prices of these trucks have gone up considerably since I bought mine.
Sorry to hear that, it sucks when someone steals your baby....

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Threads been super dead while I was saving up for a full suspension and brake rebuild. Mostly taking care of small stuff in the mean time, but someone decided that they needed this truck more than I did. It got stolen Saturday morning and is more than likely in Mexico by now. So instead of brake and suspension rebuild, I'll be saving up to get another GMT400 since the prices of these trucks have gone up considerably since I bought mine.
Dang! Well I wasn't expecting that! I just found this thread and was enjoying reading all ten pages about the upgrades and such. Like a book with a surprise ending. Hope you get a fair settlement and find another one.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW. Just finished reading all of the posts and really enjoyed the progress and resolving issues.
I do hope you can rally and take all you've learned and get onto another great truck.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang, brother, I'm sorry to hear that...You still in SA? I always thought thieves weren't really after the long beds (at least in the larger cities.) I'm obviously wrong...:eek:
Yep, still in San Antonio. I thought no one would want this truck either since there are literally three much better examples of these trucks in my apartment complex alone. But I learned my lesson. Next one I get will have some "modifications" done to make it impossible to steal without a tow truck being directly in front of it, and all the planets would have to align for that to happen.
Sorry to hear that, it sucks when someone steals your baby....
It certainly does. Been having a rough go of it the last few days. Drove around town looking for it in case it was dumped, including some areas I definitely should not have been. But San Antonio is just so damn big its like a needle in 15 haystacks if I was lucky enough they left it on the street and didn't stash it somewhere out of sight.
Dang! Well I wasn't expecting that! I just found this thread and was enjoying reading all ten pages about the upgrades and such. Like a book with a surprise ending. Hope you get a fair settlement and find another one.
*Channels inner Bill Paxton* Liability only. So unfortunately no pay out. Just trying to find one now for a decent deal.
All I can say is WOW. Just finished reading all of the posts and really enjoyed the progress and resolving issues.
I do hope you can rally and take all you've learned and get onto another great truck.
I've had about five of these GMT400s, im OBSessed you could say. I'll get another one eventually. My wife found a 94 that just needs a fuel pump. So we'll see if I can make that work or not.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Mine has been dead too, I’m in that unfamiliar place of being able to enjoy it, and being unsure of what I want to do to it next.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Oh crap I just read the last part of this post, I hate to hear that, I hate a theif

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn I'm sorry to hear that. Really ****** me off, that happen. Hopefully you get another one or even the same one down the road. I've heard of people getting there truck back on hear. Install an alarm with a train horn. Also install a dummy fuel pump relay. Then boot 2 wheels and for ***** and giggles have a shut off for the primary fuel line. May at least slow them down enough to "make contact"