2000 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I take it you made it back up North?
Nope, im still down in TX. Actually just got my paperwork approved to stay in TX until my ETS date. So im here until 2023. But 2500/3500 ECLB 4x4s aren't too common here.

I use EFILive but I know there are bluetooth adapters and cell phone apps that can get it done.
I have the Torque Pro app on my phone. I'll have to play around and see if I can get that to do it.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to come on this website more often, took a small break from the truck but then popped on here a few days ago to check up on @frito-bandito 's progress, which sparked the motivation to get after mine a bit. Wife and I for the most part gutted the interior for a deep clean as it desperately needed it
You must be registered for see images attach

Dont have any after pics yet because I also decided that I was going to recover the headliner and overhead console after finding a few of sewlows write ups. Might be hard to tell in the photos but it had various cigarette burns and small gashes. I'm definitely nowhere near his level but for my first time ever trying anything like this I think it turned out good.
Before:

After:

Last edited:

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All put back in:

Since I also had all the interior pieces out (minus the dash), I put new speakers in the back as well. Just went with some basic Kickers. They sound decent for little 4x6s.

As we were sitting around waiting for glue to dry and cleaning up the garage a little bit, my wife found some used lights in better shape than were on the truck and after a good sanding with that 3M ultra buff kit O'Reillys sells they came out even better, so I was finally able to toss on the grille that was in better shape too.
Before (notice the slight lazy eye on the drivers side, also disregard the thing danglin, saw that in the pics as I was posting and its just a breather for something):

After:

No longer driving around at with candles for headlights (not that this truck ever gets driven anyways).

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured while I'm at it, I'd get the brush guard back on the truck so I can quit moving that heavy SOB around the garage but since I had some Rustoleum paint thats been rolling around the trunk of at least three different cars since early 2017, Id just clean that up real quick.

All primed up:

Currently letting the final coat of paint dry out and hopefully should have it back on the truck tomorrow (my back allowing), I've also got a few various interior parts drying overnight too that I painted with that Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Medium Gray thats damn near a factory match (it is to me but im color deficient so I struggle with shades anyways) I don't have any pics of that as I've been obsessing over getting that right so I don't mess up my interior plastics. But I'll toss up some after pics of the carpet soon too as my wife worked a miracle on it, but its still trashed and will be getting replaced at some point.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I also did take the time to register it in MN while I was home in January. State Farm in Texas wants $100/mo for liability only on this thing, insured in MN I pay $200/six months and I get to rep some sweet MN plates down here too. (Would have been nice if I was able to take this thing out in Snowmageddon a couple weeks ago)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Why TF is TX insurance so expensive? In MI it's expensive because no fault.
In Texas we have too many uninsured motorists who run into people and other stuff.
We live in south central Houston, had to go to midtown for work earlier this evening. On the way home, 3 separate incidents of pedestrians in the streets, crossing against a green light and oncoming traffic ( and not just homeless people either), and some dope in a newish Dodge Ram pickup that came out of a parking garage, turned on the street right in front of us, and then turned left, into oncoming traffic on a one way street! God was watching us and the Burb for sure! And this is on Sunday evening which used to be a little quieter.....
Your truck is coming along nicely though!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I need to come on this website more often, took a small break from the truck but then popped on here a few days ago to check up on @frito-bandito 's progress, which sparked the motivation to get after mine a bit. Wife and I for the most part gutted the interior for a deep clean as it desperately needed it

Dont have any after pics yet because I also decided that I was going to recover the headliner and overhead console after finding a few of sewlows write ups. Might be hard to tell in the photos but it had various cigarette burns and small gashes. I'm definitely nowhere near his level but for my first time ever trying anything like this I think it turned out good.
Before:

After:

Looks amazing!!! I definitely wouldn’t have attempted the headliner if it wasn’t for sewlow’s threads lol. I still have to recover the console on mine and finally re-install it

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Don't get me started on insurance. In Kentucky your rates are based on your credit score, crime in your zip code and it's a "no fault" state. Someone hits you, everyone's rates go up. It's total BS!

Last edited:

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why TF is TX insurance so expensive? In MI it's expensive because no fault.

Where I'm at in TX, id say a solid 40% of people don't carry insurance. @HotWheelsBurban has it way worse than I do over in Houston with crappy drivers but over here in San Antonio most people are like refrigerators, once the door closes, the light bulb goes off.

Don't get me started on insurance. In Kentucky your rates are based on your credit score, crime in your zip code and it's a "no fault" state. Someone hits you, everyone's rater go up. It's total BS!

That sounds insane. What is their reasoning behind credit score affecting insurance?