2000 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought that Irwin bolt extractor but it had a 14mm and 16mm, not a 15mm? I looked at several and they were the same. Didn't work for me.

I had already tried visegrips, hammering a smaller metric/SAE socket, cordless impact, air impact. I was frustrated because I was able to remove all the bell housing bolts very easily...so the welder came out.

OP, you are saying your old engine didn't have that PCV valve/hose?

That photo looks just like the one on my 2000 k3500 5.7...

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought that Irwin bolt extractor but it had a 14mm and 16mm, not a 15mm? I looked at several and they were the same. Didn't work for me.

I had already tried visegrips, hammering a smaller metric/SAE socket, cordless impact, air impact. I was frustrated because I was able to remove all the bell housing bolts very easily...so the welder came out.

OP, you are saying your old engine didn't have that PCV valve/hose?

That photo looks just like the one on my 2000 k3500 5.7...

I used the 16mm and really just gave her the business and it worked thankfully.

It may have, but I did really good job photographing and taking videos of where everything went and I don't have anything about it. If it wouldn't be too huge of an ask, could you take a look on your K3500 and see where it runs? I've looked all over online and can't even find that part. All I can find is the PCV valve that sits in the valve cover.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the 16mm and really just gave her the business and it worked thankfully.

It may have, but I did really good job photographing and taking videos of where everything went and I don't have anything about it. If it wouldn't be too huge of an ask, could you take a look on your K3500 and see where it runs? I've looked all over online and can't even find that part. All I can find is the PCV valve that sits in the valve cover.

Looks the same as mine...

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
These Milwaukee vise grips would have saved you too.

I had a WB02 sensor that wouldn't budge with a wrench, socket, or regular vise grips and heat. I bought these, cranked the red handle with a screwdriver, and it didn't stand a chance. The grip you get by cranking the thing down after it's clamped on is insane.
These look like something I should add to the tool collection. How much do they cost, and where did you get them? Thanks!

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks the same as mine...

The difference is that little elbow mine has. No idea what that goes to. But I can hear it pushing out air so im not sure if its a vacuum hose or just a vent.

My truck:

Your truck:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The difference is that little elbow mine has. No idea what that goes to. But I can hear it pushing out air so im not sure if its a vacuum hose or just a vent.

My truck:

Your truck:

On mine elbow get routed to the fitting under the coolant tank. It's on the firewall. Think it's for the heater? But if yours didnt come with it then I'm sure you can just buy a vacuum plug. Oreilly sells a kit

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres some pics of mine. It's the little plastic hose

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll check it out. I had read some things that indicated that the hose is only on Tahoes/Suburbans and this engine is out of a Tahoe. I can swipe it off the old one, however old engine is an hour away so if it was cheap enough, was just gonna buy a new one from O'reilly but everything I've looked for related to PCV I can't find.
Although depending on how tomorrow goes, I do have a trip to the junkyard planned so i could get one off a truck there too.