2000 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I purge my own trannies by shoving the return line into a jug. I pump a gallon at a time into the jug after changing the filter. It makes all the difference in the world over a simple filter change and refill.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I purge my own trannies by shoving the return line into a jug. I pump a gallon at a time into the jug after changing the filter. It makes all the difference in the world over a simple filter change and refill.
My dad and I were actually talking about that method. I'm just not sure if I trust myself to not mess that up lol

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was a busy weekend, got everything all buttoned up and put back together minus the brush guard as I want to re-paint that since its got a bunch of scratches and patches where it is now to bare metal.
You must be registered for see images attach

Side note but this is my first engine swap and somehow everything went fairly well. Had an issue with a thermostat that was causing an overheating issue and a small adjustment to the distributor and it was good to go. Was really out of my comfort zone as after any major work I like to stick close to home, but the maiden voyage was about an hour and a half drive home. Truck ran great, but about 45 minutes in I lost overdrive again. The 30mph side winds really helped highlight all the loose steering too lol. All my tributes to the car gods seem to have paid off since as soon as the truck got home and I shut it off the water pump decided to puke all coolant out. So I guess it gets a new water pump this week. I did take the time and throw the PY0s on it, was like putting lipstick on a pig lol

While I was doing the wheels my fiance took some polish to the front end and snapped a shot about halfway through. Definitely needs a good polish!

Now after I get the water pump done and a few other small things taken care of (lights, grill, muffler) its gonna have a date with the transmission shop to see whats all going on with this transmission losing OD all the time. Usually it would drop it right after it warms up (10-15 minutes) but this time it held on for about 45 minutes and then let go. Hopefully its something simple, but hopefully I can find a shop that isn't just gonna go "full rebuild". Not opposed to it if it actually needs one, but it seems the common theme around here is no diagnostics whatsoever, just jump to full rebuild.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the water pump replaced today. Along with getting yet another thermostat put in it as well as re-doing the gaskets on the oil filter adapter as I had a small leak coming from there. The PO must have put the oil drain plug on there with an impact and then stripped it. Had to use my stripped bolt sockets and a damn breaker bar to get it off. Hopefully O'Really?s gave me the correct drain plug. It was a little loose when screwing it in but it tightened up but I can see a small film of oil between gasket and the pan but its black so im wondering if its just old oil. Gonna give it a quick re-check tomorrow. But progress might slow down a bit now as I gotta save up for all the suspension and steering rebuild parts as well as finding out one of my dogs has heartworms and I still have no idea how much that treatment will cost but im still gonna try and do some small stuff here and there.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, at least you got your drain plug out!

Here's mine after everything failed. I was under there with my stick welder stinger. Was afraid weld wouldn't hold, so welded all around a big 'ol nut.

After it cooled down I approached the nut with a 2' breaker bar and the damn thing was already loose!

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, at least you got your drain plug out!

Here's mine after everything failed. I was under there with my stick welder stinger. Was afraid weld wouldn't hold, so welded all around a big 'ol nut.

After it cooled down I approached the nut with a 2' breaker bar and the damn thing was already loose!

Thats what I was afraid was gonna happen! I don't have a welder or anything so I prayed to the car gods that these cheap Irwin bolt extractors that have never worked on anything for me would at least work on this lol.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
These Milwaukee vise grips would have saved you too.

I had a WB02 sensor that wouldn't budge with a wrench, socket, or regular vise grips and heat. I bought these, cranked the red handle with a screwdriver, and it didn't stand a chance. The grip you get by cranking the thing down after it's clamped on is insane.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So does anyone know what the hell this thing is? I really don't remember my old engine having a vacuum hose on this, however this new-used engine is out of a Tahoe\Suburban. But looking for any PCV stuff, I only find the valves that go into the valve cover to see if the one for a pickup is different from that of an SUV.