2000 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance- I’ll reach out to local dealership this week and place an order for the hardware.

Worth getting a stud removal tool?

like: Lisle 71200?

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to dig out a broken stud this spring, but reused most of the hardware as I don't live in the rustbelt. I'd be surprised if you don't pop the hood right now and not find a broken stud.

its a California truck luckily but lots of heat cycles and miles so I am anticipating the worst. It’s one of things Since it’s a second vehicle I can take my time and do it “right” and just replace all hardware with new studs etc.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last night I got a score! Was perusing Marketplace and Craigslist and came across a set of PY0s for $225. Usually these things sell within a week around me for about $400 (not sure why HotWheelsBurban can't get rid of his lol) ad was 24 days old and figured they were long gone. But nope! They're GMC caps though but they look like they should be alright with my Chevy caps.
You must be registered for see images attach

Speaking of, does anyone know a way to get those white lines off the wheels? I think that might be corrosion. Saw one post on a Duramax forum about stripping and polishing the whole wheel, but not sure if I trust myself with that.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congratulations on those PYOs. These GMT400s look great with those wheels.

So new exhaust manifold bolts should be installed if you are doing an engine swap (not a crate engine?) I was able to remove all exhaust manifold bolts on my 4.3 that I pulled out, and all of the same bolts from the 5.3 that I'll be dropping in. Additionally, I had to hit a few wrecking yards to get one of the those clamshell frame mounts. I finally found a 99-02 2wd Silverado...and had to remove the exhaust manifold on the driver side. Had to lift the engine with a ratchet strap and a 2x2 supported between the radiator support and the cowl to get the mount out...that was a bit sketchy.

I did have to weld a big nut on my tranny drain plug. Whoever shop did the oil change over the years screwed it up...so I went down there with my welding electrode, welding hood, and tried not to burn the damn truck down. That's has been the worst so far, LOL.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Last night I got a score! Was perusing Marketplace and Craigslist and came across a set of PY0s for $225. Usually these things sell within a week around me for about $400 (not sure why HotWheelsBurban can't get rid of his lol) ad was 24 days old and figured they were long gone. But nope! They're GMC caps though but they look like they should be alright with my Chevy caps.

Speaking of, does anyone know a way to get those white lines off the wheels? I think that might be corrosion. Saw one post on a Duramax forum about stripping and polishing the whole wheel, but not sure if I trust myself with that.
Yes that was a good score! And the GMC caps are actually the later style for the 07 to 14 trucks. I was looking for a set of them for my old Burb and I don't like the stock 800 caps as much as the newer ones. Too many nooks and crannies to clean up and keep crud out of that rots the plastic chrome.
You should be able to sell the GMC caps. They look nice, I'd say they'd be $20 each at a swap meet.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congratulations on those PYOs. These GMT400s look great with those wheels.

So new exhaust manifold bolts should be installed if you are doing an engine swap (not a crate engine?)

I used all new ones because of how many times these bolts got heat cycled, but I also got lucky and all mine came out fine (probably because I actually thought ahead for once and soaked the manifold in PB blaster)

Yes that was a good score! And the GMC caps are actually the later style for the 07 to 14 trucks. I was looking for a set of them for my old Burb and I don't like the stock 800 caps as much as the newer ones. Too many nooks and crannies to clean up and keep crud out of that rots the plastic chrome.
You should be able to sell the GMC caps. They look nice, I'd say they'd be $20 each at a swap meet.

Well if you're still looking for a set, you can have these ones, just pay the shipping. Otherwise I was just gonna toss em on Marketplace for like $40.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I used all new ones because of how many times these bolts got heat cycled, but I also got lucky and all mine came out fine (probably because I actually thought ahead for once and soaked the manifold in PB blaster)

Well if you're still looking for a set, you can have these ones, just pay the shipping. Otherwise I was just gonna toss em on Marketplace for like $40.
Thanks for your kind offer, but no, I don't need them anymore, or my PY0s, since the Burb I had planned to put them on is no longer in my fleet. Hopefully the guy that hauled it off parted it out, but who knows?
You should be able to get at least that for those caps (if it was me I'd ask $50 to start with, and then you've got some wiggle room).

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a good day today and made a lot of progress. Got it to the point where it'll turn over. Tomorrow, going back out and putting in the new plugs, wires and other misc things and hopefully it'll have a heartbeat again.

I did find this, what looks to be a vent hose coming off the transmission (4L80). Is this supposed to be plugged up like that?

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the truck to fire up today! Then was immediately reminded that I didn't cap off my trans cooler lines and covered all my tools in trans fluid. Brought the radiator and auxiliary trans cooler home to clean any moisture out. Got the core support on and its actually starting to look like normal again.

Also, got another score Friday night (not sure what I did to have such good luck) and got myself of Duratracs that were even Load range E. Got those mounted as well. Still got some cleaning to do but they look good on there!