1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put way to much thought into this last night after I settled down a bit. I'm going to pull the helper stuff off an remount it on the inside of the frame away from the wheel. I feel like for how I use the truck even if we can get a bit of clearance it will still be tight an any type of off center transition that causes the body to roll will cause them to rub. Sucks that I'll probably only use the bags from the kit now, but it is what it is. For where I want the truck to sit, they just won't work in this location. I like a bit of rake to the suspension so I already thought the rear was lower than I wanted.

So ordered some lift shackles to help with the rear fender rubbing, and i will still trim them as well just in case. Removing the lower bag bracket will also raise the rear whatever thickness it is. I like the look of it on the 40s an I don't want to (nor can I afford to) drop down in tire size right now. I think a majority of the rubbing I heard yesterday was the rear. So I'm not going to do anything to the front just yet until I have the rear under control. I did order a 1" spring isolator too just in case but I won't use it unless I really need to. The pass side is worse up front since it's over a 1/2" lower than the Dr side (yay chevy lean) so I might put one on that side only. Guess we will see what happens....

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you want a bit of rake I'd say your fitment will be perfect.

I have a 2" billet spacer in the front driver's coil of my daily NBS to get it to sit level...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The pass side is worse up front since it's over a 1/2" lower than the Dr side (yay chevy lean) so I might put one on that side only. Guess we will see what happens....
All trucks lean, IMO. :)

The 2021 F450SD I drive for work made its lean obvious recently when I hit the light bar on a parking garage ceiling support beam. I already knew this was a super low-clearance garage and my particular truck is the lowest in our whole fleet (by just a tiny bit) so I tread carefully in there, but either the truck has started leaning more, or the building is settling (hey this is Houston - we're built on a swamp) and an area I used to clear without issue is now a go-super-slow spot because the light bar rubs, but only on the passenger side.

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ordered some lift shackles to help with the rear fender rubbing, and i will still trim them as well just in case.
Heads up on the lift shackle, there might be clearance issues with the hanger. People suggested bending the shackle (lol) or grinding the head down on the bolt.

I’m sure you’re bummed with having to go back and blow stuff apart again. Don’t feel alone - I’m in the same boat. I’ll be tearing mine apart in the spring/summer to cut coils up front. Mine comes in at just short of 5 up front and 8 in the rear. So if tail drags and looks like a$$.

Stolen from FB:
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not too sure I'd grind the head on that bolt. As crazy and assbackwards as it sounds, I'd be more tempted to modify the bracket, but it'd obviously be a much bigger job.

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heads up on the lift shackle, there might be clearance issues with the hanger. People suggested bending the shackle (lol) or grinding the head down on the bolt.

I’m sure you’re bummed with having to go back and blow stuff apart again. Don’t feel alone - I’m in the same boat. I’ll be tearing mine apart in the spring/summer to cut coils up front. Mine comes in at just short of 5 up front and 8 in the rear. So if tail drags and looks like a$$.

Stolen from FB:

Son of a...... :doh2:

Edit: I suppose once I move the helpers the stock shackle could go back on an I could then use the helpers to set the height where I want it instead.

But the hitch has to come off to get the shackle bolts out....

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The 2021 F450SD I drive for work made its lean obvious recently when I hit the light bar on a parking garage ceiling support beam. I already knew this was a super low-clearance garage and my particular truck is the lowest in our whole fleet (by just a tiny bit) so I tread carefully in there, but either the truck has started leaning more, or the building is settling (hey this is Houston - we're built on a swamp) and an area I used to clear without issue is now a go-super-slow spot because the light bar rubs, but only on the passenger side.

Richard

I don't care about the lean per say, just think that's why it rubs more on that side. The measurements showed it leaning at stock height to so I wasn't worried about it. Some people get obsessed with having the measurements exactly the same but every truck I've done static has had some sort of lean to it. This one is lowest on pass front an driver rear. Looks fine to me though

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Stolen from FB:

Or swap that puppy out for a cap/Allen head bolt.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Richard
I would figure that the building is settling. When our weather is either drought or a week of solid rain, that ol black gumbo swamp ground moves around a lot. Why our roads are such a mess(besides volume of traffic and buses in the curb lanes).