1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the rear brakes are about the only thing left on my original list of issues the truck had. I've been putting it off because I don't want to deal with the hubs an all. It's definitely not getting any better :lol: the Dr rear still grabs pretty bad an it's now squealing at times.

Last week I got a spindle nut socket, this weekend I ordered everything for the rear except drums and new front calipers and hoses. I had the calipers coming from rock auto because I didn't want to deal with reman ones an they canceled the left one as out of stock. Apparently everyone is out of the left one. I found 1 on Amazon at double rock auto price so I grabbed it an I'm hoping its right. Might be a week or two but hopefully I can get all that happy an knocked out pretty easily.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't post it here when it came in but my left side caliper came in. The company wrapped the raybestos box in a bag an shipped it :doh2:

Then ups "lost" it for 2 days. It seems to be ok, not much you can tear up on it but man idk why they thought that was a good idea.

Swapped in a multi function switch with cruise so that all works now too :rockit:

Might get into the brakes next week some I hope....

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't post it here when it came in but my left side caliper came in. The company wrapped the raybestos box in a bag an shipped it :doh2:

Then ups "lost" it for 2 days. It seems to be ok, not much you can tear up on it but man idk why they thought that was a good idea.

Swapped in a multi function switch with cruise so that all works now too :rockit:

Might get into the brakes next week some I hope....

Now go wipe it in carb cleaner then follow up by smearing grease all over it so it looks like the rest of our 26+ year old trucks.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still haven't got to the brakes (like they aren't important or something :lol: )

These followed me home today :doh2:

Got a weird thing going on with the front center caps making a popping/clicking noise at low speeds in parking lots an stuff. Can't get it to stop, even took some off the studs today in case the lug caps were bottoming out an not holding it tight. Not real sure what else to do about that except get a different cap...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you've followed this thread you've seen most of my suspension/wheel journey an its issues. The latest one is the front center caps constantly popping while the truck is in motion. I've been back an forth with this for a while now with lowboy, an I cannot honestly recommend them to anyone anymore.

Now having said that, the wheels themselves are great, fitment was so/ so as ive posted. Yes this is a small issue but I don't appreciate the treatment I've gotten from them over it an how everytime I try to contact them about it turns into list of excuses an reasons why I can't get a simple response to acknowledge they received my message. Everytime I have spoken to him on the phone the conversation ends with me feeling like the @sshole for bothering him with such a trivial issue. It's not like I have been bugging him non stop, I give ample time for a reply (24 hrs if not more) before asking again.

I've followed them a long time on socials, recommend them alot, an ultimately chose to buy from them because they been in the game a long time an knew their sh*t. Apparently he's having some employee issues the past 3-6 months or so but that still doesn't justify the way he spoke to me the last two times we talked.

Anyway /end rant, if you want semi wheels look elsewhere an I recommend going the direct bolt route instead of adapters.....

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So if you've followed this thread you've seen most of my suspension/wheel journey an its issues. The latest one is the front center caps constantly popping while the truck is in motion. I've been back an forth with this for a while now with lowboy, an I cannot honestly recommend them to anyone anymore.

Now having said that, the wheels themselves are great, fitment was so/ so as ive posted. Yes this is a small issue but I don't appreciate the treatment I've gotten from them over it an how everytime I try to contact them about it turns into list of excuses an reasons why I can't get a simple response to acknowledge they received my message. Everytime I have spoken to him on the phone the conversation ends with me feeling like the @sshole for bothering him with such a trivial issue. It's not like I have been bugging him non stop, I give ample time for a reply (24 hrs if not more) before asking again.

I've followed them a long time on socials, recommend them alot, an ultimately chose to buy from them because they been in the game a long time an knew their sh*t. Apparently he's having some employee issues the past 3-6 months or so but that still doesn't justify the way he spoke to me the last two times we talked.

Anyway /end rant, if you want semi wheels look elsewhere an I recommend going the direct bolt route instead of adapters.....
I really think the direct bolt "big" dually wheels look weird. Lots of flat real estate with a relatively tiny lug pattern on it. The wheels with adapters look great, IMO, without a center cap. Call me weird. The two circles of lugs look pretty tough to me. No center caps, no lug nut caps, no spikes.

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think the direct bolt "big" dually wheels look weird. Lots of flat real estate with a relatively tiny lug pattern on it. The wheels with adapters look great, IMO, without a center cap. Call me weird. The two circles of lugs look pretty tough to me. No center caps, no lug nut caps, no spikes.

Richard
I agree with that, if your doing direct bolts, it's gotta have the phantom 10 lug. Otherwise it looks weird.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969