1998 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My collection is growing, cant wait til i get to see these installed

You must be registered for see images attach

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy with how this paint color turned out, polishing these would have been just too labor intensive

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First setback i would say, i painted the front diff covers with the metallic paint and a clear coat. When i pulled off the masking tape on the small cover it peeled the clear coat off like a dead skin sunburn. Now i worry about all the other pieces i did this too, accessory brackets, MAF housing, oil filter housing. I feel if i dont strip all the clear cost of the others it will peel just as easily. Mostly a time and labor mistake, paint isnt too expensive

You can see all the streaks as the clear coat peeled off.

The other half came out beautiful though

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front brake rotors came in, not impressed. Will return for something else. I wanted just a slotted rotor, these have a geomet coating vs being zing plated. They didnt even coat the back of the rotor and the front surface rubbed off just from being in the box

Attachments

• IMG_9738.jpeg
    IMG_9738.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9740.jpeg
    IMG_9740.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9741.jpeg
    IMG_9741.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 11

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front brake rotors came in, not impressed. Will return for something else. I wanted just a slotted rotor, these have a geomet coating vs being zing plated. They didnt even coat the back of the rotor and the front surface rubbed off just from being in the box
Weird. I thought EBC brakes was a good brand?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least you had the foresight to return them immediately after taking them out of the box. I went ahead and used them on my Suburban and a few months later they were warped so bad my pedal was pulsing significantly on stops. Not a fan of EBC rotors, or anything else they offer for that matter.

There's info in this thread on why a $20 set of Raybestos pads will probably stop you faster than a $200 set of EBC Yellows.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted just a slotted rotor
There's no reason for drilled or slotted rotors these days. Back in the day pads outgassed when hot, reducing your braking power. Modern pad compounds don't have that problem. Drilled and slotted rotors tend to crack and need regular inspection. Solid vented rotors just work.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no reason for drilled or slotted rotors these days. Back in the day pads outgassed when hot, reducing your braking power. Modern pad compounds don't have that problem. Drilled and slotted rotors tend to crack and need regular inspection. Solid vented rotors just work.
i couldnt find any zinc plated that were solid, and in hindsight wont get the coated kind based on what i just ordered. i didnt really care if it was slotted, just didnt want drilled. baer and power stop were the only options i could find, and both are drilled and slotted:(. i just hate rust look on anything

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First coat on, really wish I could do whole frame at once, this will have to do for now