1998 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
it was also in the way back and i brought just about all the sockets with me. The haul back was rough. The yard i usually go to has wagons that you can rent. Some one had cut the front of the frame so it was on the ground, just to make it harder for me. Just a bit sad it wasnt bolt in ball joints
The first LKQ (when they were still Pick Your Part) in Houston was in east downtown, very industrial area then(mid 1980s). Off Navigation, down a little road for a few blocks, then there it is, partially on the bank of Buffalo Bayou. The truck section was in the back, downhill. Fun enough when you're going in and your toolbox in your wagon is pushing you. Worse when you're hauling the wagon, toolbox and whatever you got... uphill, especially this time of year.
Then they opened the second one just outside the East Loop, north of the Ship Channel. Huge place, flat ground. Trucks still in the back! GM car section was right up front though. The third one is on the north side of Houston, the one I was at Tuesday. It used to be laid out like the Eastside one, but has been reconfigured. The main drag across the rectangular lot, splits the truck section in half, but they're a lot closer than they were. I didn't bring my "truck box" in, but took things I thought I would need in my plastic bucket. Then a reusable grocery bag for water, a hand towel and a couple of bandanas. Those came in handy(pun intended) when I found a wheelbarrow on my trip up front to cash out. The steel pipe handles were rather warm after several hours in the sun!
Sometime in the early 2000s they closed the original location and opened the SW location that's less than 5 miles from the park. That's the one I have been going to, besides the U Pull And Pay across town, near Hobby Airport. They're a little cheaper, but a bit further away.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back for the passenger side, truck also had a skid plate im missing

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to love texas, huge mud dauber nest in the frame
frame

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Press acquired, bushings out of new lower arms. Couldnt get the ball joints out with the press, will need the special tool.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before pic of frame, already started on passenger side

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Structural integrity be damned, i do not have the hands of a tiny asian women to be cleaning in this stupid engineering mistake

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think i am happy now with how clean these are, way to much work