1996 electronic issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes my best case scenario on my Burb is to be able to replace the whole dashboard, since it's cracked like they all do....But that depends on being able to find a good dash and having the truck down and apart long enough for the job. Blower motor doesn't work, and I think it's probably the switch in the dash stack. Stereo also works when it feels like it. So I'm going to replace the switch and the radio/CD deck, with the ones from my other Burb ( which worked great when the truck was wrecked). At that time I'll look at the blower motor and resistor and the wiring harness. Haven't had the Burb parked for long enough till the last 2 weeks to mess with it.
I'm lucky so far. My dash only has one small crack in the defrost vent. Everything in the dash works as far as I can tell but the air comes out of every vent all the time regardless of where I have it set to. The ac doesn't work right now anyways so I'm not too worried about it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm lucky so far. My dash only has one small crack in the defrost vent. Everything in the dash works as far as I can tell but the air comes out of every vent all the time regardless of where I have it set to. The ac doesn't work right now anyways so I'm not too worried about it.

Yep my Burb's a c is the " drop all the windows and hope you don't get stuck in traffic " kind the last couple years too.....

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep my Burb's a c is the " drop all the windows and hope you don't get stuck in traffic " kind the last couple years too.....
My current daily driver is a 95 miata with no ac. It rains so much that I rarely put the top down so I've got a tiny cabin space that stays hot even when I'm moving, just a matter of if it's fresh air moving while I'm driving or exhaust fumes while in traffic because my head sits almost level with most peoples exhaust. The truck will be better in that aspect and I'm not worried about ac right now but might try to fix it this winter.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That wiper board looks like someone has worked on it, poorly, in the past. Maybe with a junk soldering iron or the wrong solder. The key areas that are problems on those boards are the pins where the socket attaches. You'll want to heat up that crappy looking solder there and remove it, and put some fresh solder down so those joints have a hope of connecting properly. It's easy if you already have a decent soldering iron and proper electronics (rosin core) solder. If not, just go buy a new board; they're pretty cheap. I prefer fixing the originals, though.

Richard

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That wiper board looks like someone has worked on it, poorly, in the past. Maybe with a junk soldering iron or the wrong solder. The key areas that are problems on those boards are the pins where the socket attaches. You'll want to heat up that crappy looking solder there and remove it, and put some fresh solder down so those joints have a hope of connecting properly. It's easy if you already have a decent soldering iron and proper electronics (rosin core) solder. If not, just go buy a new board; they're pretty cheap. I prefer fixing the originals, though.

Richard
I'm probably just gonna buy a new one. I could try to repair it, but the board isn't that much money.

RI Chevy guy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the delay board is toast- replaced mine too- very cheap on amazon! Your fan relay is probably your other culprit- had to replace that as well. Still need to do the DRL relay on mine, haven't had the dash out yet and like everyone says, they're a pain to get to. Good luck on your 'burb!

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the issues sorted out. The headlights were a combination of the switch and the relay. The wipers was the pulse module. Thanks y'all for the help. Now onto fixing the front suspension so it'll stop eating tires so fast.