1995 Silverado K1500 father/son build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Lawrence Tolman on YT. He's one of the guys from Powernation on Red Tide, now doing his own thing.

He's building this RCSB 4x4 converted to AWD. He's currently working at installing an LSA supercharger. I think in the beginning he said he was going to keep his 4L60e, but last video he said he's going with the 80e (I think he's repurposing the 80e from his Ugly Truck?). I haven't watched all his latest videos though, so I'm out of touch with what's he's doing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

IIRC, there was some older threads on performancetruck.net and they were saying a guy custom made those output shafts for the NP149, but it was like $600 at the time (2012-ish thread?) and I don't think the guy was even active anymore?
Good info. That’s exactly what I was saying and talking about in my original post. This is where I got the idea from. His first one he built, and now this one he’s building. But yes, you can still find the 32 spline input shafts. But they aren’t cheap. $500-600 I think.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great progress!!! I’ve been trying to find this thread again all weekend after reading some of it last week.
Well hopefully I have some decent content soon of me getting things done. I’m due for some forward progress. I just wish the cold weather was done already! Lol

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I’m made my first step today in 100% deciding to shift from lifted Z71, to lowered AWD. I picked up the NP149 AWD transfer case and an AWD front diff from a 2005 Yukon Denali that was AWD.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI they did that on an 88 with a 5.3L swap on Truck Tech. Then took it out on an auto X track and blew the case :anitoof:

It was a crate 6.0 and it was a front axle shaft. But that’s also where I got my inspiration. Any time you’re building something up for hardcore abuse, off road, race, track, whatever, you will find the week links as you go. That’s part of the process in my opinion and something to be expected when you push something to do things it was never intended or designed for.