1994 Suburban C1500 Broken shock mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
back from the scrap yard, sadly i saw two gmt400s in there :( 93 & 96 extended cab long bed, they both had 4 leaf springs where the suburban has 6, then the frame is different, then the shock mounts are different, the trucks i looked at both had a round-style mount as seen in the video above and it looks simple to replace (and theres room to do it) as for the suburban its completely different, the mount is huge, it's actually part of a cross-memeber on the frame and not only supports the shock but also has a body mount sitting in there and holds up the gas tank, there's no way to fix it unless it's a body off restoration, strange thing is not all suburbans are like that, as seen in this video, but for me, it looks like that u-bolt "solution" is here to stay

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yep Burbs are way different than pickups in some respects. You just saw one of them....makes it super fun to do anything back there around that big tank. I had to put a trailer hitch on our first square body Burb, 32 years ago, and it was no fun at all. Also pulled rear bumpers on square body Burbs in the yards, there's not much room to work there either.