1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Where did you get those bulbs, and what does the bulb end look like (the light part)? I'm interested in 1156 compatible bulbs, because my trailer house uses a lot of them for lighting. About how much do they go for? Thanks!

I honestly can't remember. Its been years. The part number and manufacturer is on the picture above.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks very much! I have to be careful about how much heat the lights make, so it doesn't overheat the lens and light assembly. Don't want to get anything too hot in a mostly wood trailer! I have some different LED bulbs from a couple different vendors, but the ones you have look like they would do well. The housing is designed for a regular bulb so there's not really space for some of the styles of LEDs.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Oh the trials and tribulations of driving an old truck as a daily driver!

HVAC controls quit on the way home from work, worked fine this morning and during lunch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hmmmmm. I know the usual culprits to check. C200 connector behind glove box, but the radio still works, so it isn't that. Fuse looks good. One last place, there's a main connector that bridges the HVAC harness to the dash harness and they're notorious for burning the ground side out of the connector.

Deleted the satanic 1990s GM wiring connector. Resolder, all good!

While I had the ashtray assembly out, I went ahead and deleted the cigarette lighter. Installed a 3.0 Amp USB charger, so my phones will fast charge!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Polar, I think when GM was deciding on wiring connectors for the harnesses, the engineers/designers decided to use garbage plastic that wouldn't stand up to heat cycles and time, and then laughed around a table thinking about people destroying not only the tabs on the plugs, but also their hands!

I use the fast charge setup I put in my GMT800 console more than I use the 12v's in the dash. Great update!

Not to derail the thread, but what's the plan for the Impala?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Polar, I think when GM was deciding on wiring connectors for the harnesses, the engineers/designers decided to use garbage plastic that wouldn't stand up to heat cycles and time, and then laughed around a table thinking about people destroying not only the tabs on the plugs, but also their hands!

I use the fast charge setup I put in my GMT800 console more than I use the 12v's in the dash. Great update!

Not to derail the thread, but what's the plan for the Impala?

Honestly not much, as the car is fairly nice already. My first car was a 1968 impala and I plan on fixing a few small detail items on this car and just driving it and enjoying it. I'm not going to lie and say it's crossed my mind to throw a 4-500hp LS in it with overdrive, but this car has existed for 52 years so far, just fine with a smallblock.

Big plans are:
New Tires
Add my NOS GM "police" center caps to the rally wheels
Add Autometer under-dash instrumentation
Front Disc brake and power booster conversion
Replace the aftermarket Grant wood steering wheel with either an original restored wheel or a Comfort grip steering wheel.
Drive the wheels off of it.

I am considering selling my 69 Camaro I recently picked up.