1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Last I checked Rams were the cheapest trucks you could spec. Still out of my league.

You're right, they're cost effective trucks. As diehard of a GM guy as I am, you just can't beat the value per dollar and the towing cap. I spent the last 3 months looking at new Chevy / GMC & Ford v8 gas half ton trucks, none of them came close to the pep of the 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed rams for acceleration and loaded towing.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You're right, they're cost effective trucks. As diehard of a GM guy as I am, you just can't beat the value per dollar and the towing cap. I spent the last 3 months looking at new Chevy / GMC & Ford v8 gas half ton trucks, none of them came close to the pep of the 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed rams for acceleration and loaded towing.

I spec'd out a Chevy and Dodge dually last year. The Ram came out a few thou cheaper and had factory airbags, was rated higher, and on paper seemed to be a decidedly more capable truck.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I spec'd out a Chevy and Dodge dually last year. The Ram came out a few thou cheaper and had factory airbags, was rated higher, and on paper seemed to be a decidedly more capable truck.

I'll put it this way, the Ram 1/2 ton trucks have totally taken away my desire or need for a 3/4 ton truck.

I had 13,800lbs behind my 2019 once and it towed well. I abused the snot out of my 2017.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What ever happened to the 19? I remember when you bought that and your new trailer, i thought it was pretty nice.

I traded it in, on the 2020 Camaro. I've regretted that move for the last year, so I went ahead and bought a new 2021 Ram. Picked it up Saturday, i'm thrilled with it.

Received a deposit on the Suburban yesterday, sans engine and Holley system. Engine has a deposit on it as well.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, this truck is coming back to me this weekend.

Plan is to strip the 5.3, exhaust, Holley system, wheels, tires and radio, then sell it as a roller for $1000.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Wow, another one coming home.

Any reason you're stripping it down and not just passing it along as a complete unit?