1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Again?!

What's the friends and family discount?

Ha ha ha! I'm sorry, not on here often as i'm not frequently messing with these trucks anymore.

I've been debating selling to purchase either A.) A Brand new truck or B.) A K3500 with a flatbed.

It hasn't sold, but i'm also not against selling. I pulled the ad, too many swinging *****.

Next time, just send me a friend request on Facebook. :)

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Update: After weeks of reviewing torque / lower spec cams and dyno charts, decided to order a Summit 8719R1 cam and LS6 springs for the truck.

Biggest hurdle was avoiding lowend torque loss with most cams worth a ****. From everything I've seen, the 8719R1 cam is good for nearly a 30hp/35ftlb gain off idle to 6k. Which will be perfect for the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Cam specs look good and should be easy on the springs. That +1 advance will help with the bottom end too.

I've got a +4 built into the F13 cam in my Z28, and it has awesome midrange for the size of cam in a 6.0l.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Reckon it's time to get to work tomorrow.....

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Alright, let's do some reflecting here boys...

I decided to order a brand new set of steel dowel rods with t handle to hold the lifters up during this cam swap. I conventionally use a 5/16" wooden dowel rod, the set I have has never failed in over 15 cam swaps.

But oh no, these absolute pieces of **** are milled top small OD to correctly retain the lifters.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pow-pow101046

$80 for the tool and 2 hours of my life fighting to fish out two dropped lifters!

After two hours of fighting, I managed to get the lifters reset. Luckily, without having to pull the motor and oil pan.

Got the shortblock and cooling system sealed up and radiator back in.

Move onto the new springs and valve stem seals. I did find the seals I pulled from the heads to be rock hard and oil pooling under the seal. So new seals were definitely required.

Passenger side is done and back together, decided to call it a day after that. My back was killing me from two hours of fishing for lifters while using my cellphone camera and a flashlight.

I'll finish the driver side this week, set valvetrain, top off coolant and change oil.

Did order some brand new Delco injectors for the TBSS/NNBS intake.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
That's no bueno with the lifter retention tools! Glad you didn't have to pull the engine/pan.