1992 Chevy K1500 - RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll never say no to a cheap 5.7+ LS!

You'd **** if you saw the 55,000 mile LS6 shortblock and intake I bought last month for $200. :D
I need this friend. I am looking for a 6.0/4L80e combo but don’t want to pay for a whole truck or $1,500 or more. Glad you got your old truck back! Looking forward to seeing more

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear, I'm retarded.

But here it is. Fuel pump isn't turning on, so truck won't start.

I know what the first fix will be.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a vote for the second fix to be the same thing you did to it 9+ years ago: (Reply #32)

That looked really tidy.

This whole thread reminds me of the refrain from one of my favorite Talking Heads songs:

"Same as it ever Was..."

:0)

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I need this friend. I am looking for a 6.0/4L80e combo but don’t want to pay for a whole truck or $1,500 or more. Glad you got your old truck back! Looking forward to seeing more

It seems the price of LS combo's are all over the chart. My best suggestion would be doing a car-part.com salvage query and seeing what yards have engines near you, you can sort by price, too.

Here's a vote for the second fix to be the same thing you did to it 9+ years ago: (Reply #32)

That looked really tidy.

This whole thread reminds me of the refrain from one of my favorite Talking Heads songs:

"Same as it ever Was..."

:0)

I'm going to try! Unfortunately this truck has basically sat still since late 2014 when I sold it. This time last year, they installed a new fuel pump, set of headers and had a full dual exhaust made and installed on this truck, then parked it again.

I went to LMC Truck after work lastnight, picked up some new fuel tank filler hoses, sending unit, fuel pump and other various odds and ends. My plan is to drop the tank and install a new sending unit and fuel pump, tomorrow.

I did some diagnosis yesterday. Fuel pump relay is good, fuse is good, feed clear back to the pump is good, too. Just another Oreilly's fuel pump failure.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, had a friend who runs a large salvage pool call me, today. Asked if I wanted another 6.0.

So I guess that solidifies the engine this truck is getting!

For the cool price of $225 delivered to Kansas City.
I need this friend. I am looking for a 6.0/4L80e combo but don’t want to pay for a whole truck or $1,500 or more.
+1
I need to get my yard and shop cleared of other people's garbage so I can start buying trucks and parting them out for the engines. I've seen a few trucks go through the insurance auction that I could have used.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, with the assistance of the Toyota Forklift and my 16 year old daughter, we got the fuel tank out, sending unit and pump swapped.

She was super excited to help! This will be the truck she gets her permit driving hours in, so she can advance to her license!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well, with the assistance of the Toyota Forklift and my 16 year old daughter, we got the fuel tank out, sending unit and pump swapped.

She was super excited to help! This will be the truck she gets her permit driving hours in, so she can advance to her license!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Great to see another girl working on a 400!