1992 Chevy K1500 - RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just picked this truck up from a guy in a pinch. I was watching it on the local facebook swap-n-shop for $3,000. Saw it listed on craigslist with the title of "MUST SELL TODAY OR TRADING IN!". Called and asked the guy what the dealer was offering, he said $1200. I told him if he dropped it off at work to me Yesterday at 5. I'd give him $1300 for it.

I didn't even test drive it, just gave him the cash and parked it by my other car so I could pick my wife up. Got back to work and drove it home at 75 for an hour on the way home from work. Did well, drove fine. I think the transmission has a shift kit in it, the 350 runs well. Only problem i've found is the oil sending unit is leaking very bad and will shoot out a quart or two on the 70ish mile drive home.

The truck is pretty much rust free, with the exception of the drivers cab corner. I also need to rip off the billion stickers from the truck and the mossy oak wrap on the cowl hood.

It has some UGLY wide aluminum directional wheels and 33-12.5-15's on it now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Went out lastnight in the 90 SWB and picked up some brand new 315/75/16's and some NEW TAKE OFF 96 16x7 rally wheels from an old man who took them off of his truck new the next day after he bought it. Snatched them up for $100!

Ran out this morning for some christmas shopping with the wife and dropped them off to get mounted.

So far, I've ordered about $350 in fix-it parts for the truck from rock auto, picked up another $75 worth of parts from LMC truck lastnight.

Ordered a 3" body lift from summit lastnight, which should be in by mid week.

Should I wait for the body lift or throw the 315's on now? It looks like the truck has already been clearanced for larger tires.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I can already tell this is gona be a sweet build! Leave the grille guard imo I like it I wish j could find one

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I can already tell this is gona be a sweet build! Leave the grille guard imo I like it I wish j could find one

X2, it gives it a mean, heavy duty look. Also, I'd say try to see how the new tires fit and if they don't look like they'll clear, invest in a lift

Never know... Your tail pipe may be tighter ;)

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So, got the 35's on. Took it for a drive, they don't rub in the frontend lock-to-lock. Rear has plenty of clearance. I measured the drop brackets on the control arms and they come up to 6" center to center. So the truck may very well have a 6" lift on it. I'm really second guessing the body lift now...

Big truck.... little truck.

These rally's just look GOOD.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So, got the 35's on. Took it for a drive, they don't rub in the frontend lock-to-lock. Rear has plenty of clearance. I measured the drop brackets on the control arms and they come up to 6" center to center. So the truck may very well have a 6" lift on it. I'm really second guessing the body lift now...

That looks awesome, man

Never know... Your tail pipe may be tighter ;)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

What brand of lift?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What brand of lift?

I have NO clue, there aren't any markings anywhere. The decals on the shocks are faded. I seem some old yellow paint on the lift components and the shocks are white, which remind me of skyjacker shocks.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Thats a great looking truck. Put some later style 400 caps on those. That truck looks like it was a sport too