1990 GMC Sierra Street/Strip Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Many Express vans had Dana rear ends. Proceed with caution.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the frame all painted from the cab back, other than a few touch ups... I brushed on what I could, then went back and hit the rest with a rattle can, it's good enough for this old truck. I also started painting the engine bay, I'm going to have to crawl in there to finish the rest, but it's not looking too horrible. I need to strip a few more thinks out of the engine bay, and get it painted too. What doesn't get painted tomorrow will have to wait a week or so, the high temps are only going to be in the teens.

I ordered a set of drop hangers/shackles off ebay, $115 shipped. I need to order a set of 350 frame mounts, when I change those out I'm going to go ahead and drop the front of the truck 2 inches via cut springs.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TRUCK: $500

Rally Wheels: $100

Wheel Paint/Supply: $7 For paint - $5 for primer. Total $12 Total

Car wash + purple power $15ish.

Ebay LS Swap Mounts - $65

Ebay Lowering Shackles/hangers - $115

5.3/computer/harness $650

Amazon Lug nut set (pretty) $15 bucks

$28 bucks for paint/supply for the frame.

Gauges (I would of sold the mustang parts I traded for them for $30 bucks.) Then I sold one of the gauge pillars it came with for $25, so we'll call it $5 bucks for the gauges (I scored on that deal.) I still have one more guage pillar to sell, I'll deduct that when/if I sell it.

$1405 total

- $100 allowance for stock wheels and tires (went on the black truck)

- $250 Sold the original motor and trans

- $25 allowance for starter that I kept for the black truck

- $25 allowance for alternator I kept for the black truck

- $50 allowance bucks for Rear bumper I'm going to use on black truck

- $20 bucks for two scrap batteries it had in the bed

- $470 total

$1405 - $470 = $935 total invested....

If still have some parts off the truck I'm not going to keep (stock cat, a few different, fan, washer fluid tank, etc.) Just little stuff, but It'll add up to be a little bit of a deduction when and if it sales.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What issue exactly does this impose? Forgive my ignorance.

I'm not sure, but I remember reading about people thinking that they had gotten a good deal on a 14 bolt rear end, then realized that that wasn't what they had bought...

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gold rims look great! Especially with the green paint. If you want to repaint later I suggest the same pretty green the truck is now.

If I wasn't painting mine with rattle cans I would paint Frank the same color.

The grille/bumper are hideous and need to be thrown away. Send them to my house and I will dispose of them properly for you.:p
How far are you from Cincinnati ?

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I call it the “race truck” because it makes my youngest son mad “there’s no such thing as a race truck, only a race car!”

Show him a classic NASCAR truck?

You must be registered for see images attach

Imho, this one's the most classic:
You must be registered for see images attach

Be sure to show him that one too! Lol

Last edited: