1990 GMC Sierra Street/Strip Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iggy Garcia

Reaction score
In response to fuel slosh issues, the truck in my pic is a stock tank LML and I launch at 12-15psi. 1.58-1.63 60’ and 11.90s weighing 7800 pounds with me in it. I have a beans sump and external lift pump and have never had an issue with a 1/4 in the tank. If you’re running an external pump anyways it’s another solid option. It’s been installed for 5 years and no leaks

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In response to fuel slosh issues, the truck in my pic is a stock tank LML and I launch at 12-15psi. 1.58-1.63 60’ and 11.90s weighing 7800 pounds with me in it. I have a beans sump and external lift pump and have never had an issue with a 1/4 in the tank. If you’re running an external pump anyways it’s another solid option. It’s been installed for 5 years and no leaks

That’s an option as well.

Finally finished up the paint on the frame and engine bay. It looks good-er. I’m not going to run a/c on this truck, so I pulled that crap out of the truck. I won’t be using the factory cruise (probably going to drive by wire), so I yanked it out to. The windshield washer tank didn’t make the cut either, nor did the factory overflow tank. I also pulled the battery box, I still might mod the bracket and toss it on the drivers side, but I thinking about relocating it to the bed. Engine bay has so much more room for activities now.

Tomorrow I’ll toss the ls on the stand and start pulling off a few things. I don’t think I’m going to tear the engine apart, just clean it up and give it a rattle can rebuild. I got a lead a guy who is going to build me a th400 with a mvb and trans brake at a fair price, and he does good work. High temps in the single digits and lows like minus 10 coming in a few days and will last a while, and uhm, they’ll be no more work done until I see temps in the 20s... lol

I didn’t get pics as my phone died, but picture it being painted black with minimum prep. It looks better than it did and it’s less dirty, good enough for this guy.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I jumped on ebay last night and ordered the 350 motor mounts so my ls mounts will work. With shipping being so slow, I decided to check around at the local parts store, and actually found them cheaper then on ebay, and they'll be here in two days... So I canceled the ebay order, and ordered the mounts from auto zone.

The two mounts were 22.97 shipped to my door (thanks to a $10 off $50 dollar coupon.) I ordered an oil change for the black truck as its probably over due (I've never changed it.)

TRUCK: $500
Rally Wheels: $100

Wheel Paint/Supply: $7 For paint - $5 for primer. Total $12 Total

Car wash + purple power $15ish.

Ebay LS Swap Mounts - $65

Ebay Lowering Shackles/hangers - $115

5.3/computer/harness $650

Amazon Lug nut set (pretty) $15 bucks

$28 bucks for paint/supply for the frame.

Gauges (I would of sold the mustang parts I traded for them for $30 bucks.) Then I sold one of the gauge pillars it came with for $25, so we'll call it $5 bucks for the gauges (I scored on that deal.) I still have one more guage pillar to sell, I'll deduct that when/if I sell it.

350 mounts (for the ls sliders to work.) 23 bucks

$1428

- $100 allowance for stock wheels and tires (went on the black truck)

- $250 Sold the original motor and trans

- $25 allowance for starter that I kept for the black truck

- $25 allowance for alternator I kept for the black truck

- $50 allowance bucks for Rear bumper I'm going to use on black truck

- $20 bucks for two scrap batteries it had in the bed

- $470 total

$1405 - $470 = $958 total invested....

I contacted a few cat-converter buyers, I'm getting offers betwen 60 and 100 bucks for the convertor off this truck. There's an only place that offers free shipping and says they'll give me like 140, but seems like a hassle.... as soon as I sale it and have money in hand I'll deduct that. Also the truck came with 3 car batteries (one installed in the truck, and two in the bed. I'm going to slap those on the charger and see if any of them are any good... Worse case I'll dump them at oreillys and get 30 bucks for them.... Got to safe where I can.

The next week is going to be spent piddling. I'm hoping to get the engine painted. I'm thinking of doing a little bit of gold accents to kind of match the wheels.... I'm hoping to start on the harnesses.... and I'm hopefully going to get all the little bs parts ordered.

I do plan on getting rid of the chrome on the truck body. The front bumper will be a smooth one thats color matched. The side mirrors are getting switched out for the black 95+ mirrors (budget friendly), and the rear bumper is getting pulled for a roll pan... and that side trims is going... then do a little paint touch up, and do some paint correction. It wont be perfect, but it'll shine up a bit and look decent.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my lowering shackles/hangers in today... looks like usps drug the box under their mail truck for a few miles, and then body slammed it on the porch.... If they aren't losing our mail or delivering us somebody else's they're destroying packages... or taking a month to deliver them. I will not order anything if the only shipping option is usps, I despise them....

Luckily the ebay seller stepped up, and will be sending me the missing parts out of the box (that literally had gapping holes in it.) The seller was very cool about it!

I'll post some pictures later...

I found the sloppy stage two cam online for 150 shipped. No matter what, I'm going to upgrade the springs, thinking about upgrading the cam and going ahead and regapping the springs while I'm at it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found the sloppy stage two cam online for 150 shipped.

Got a link to that? I'm looking for one but it seems like they've shot up to around $220 most places since Covid hit.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The motor mounts from auto zone where being shipped from a 3rd party supplier, who well, never shipped them. Called auto zones 1800 number and they wouldn’t be able to tell me anything till Monday, but emailed me a 10 dollar gift card for the hassle. So I’ll knock 10 dollars off the project total.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TRUCK: $500

Rally Wheels: $100

Wheel Paint/Supply: $7 For paint - $5 for primer. Total $12 Total

Car wash + purple power $15ish.

Ebay LS Swap Mounts - $65

Ebay Lowering Shackles/hangers - $115

5.3/computer/harness $650

Amazon Lug nut set (pretty) $15 bucks

$28 bucks for paint/supply for the frame.

Gauges (I would of sold the mustang parts I traded for them for $30 bucks.) Then I sold one of the gauge pillars it came with for $25, so we'll call it $5 bucks for the gauges (I scored on that deal.) I still have one more guage pillar to sell, I'll deduct that when/if I sell it.

350 mounts (for the ls sliders to work.) 23 bucks

$1428

- $100 allowance for stock wheels and tires (went on the black truck)

- $250 Sold the original motor and trans

- $25 allowance for starter that I kept for the black truck

- $25 allowance for alternator I kept for the black truck

- $50 allowance bucks for Rear bumper I'm going to use on black truck

- $20 bucks for two scrap batteries it had in the bed

- $10 gift card for autozone motor mount delays...

- $480 total

$1405 - $480 = $948 total invested....

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The weather is finally going to start warming up after the weekend... it's kind of hard to get motivated to work in the shop when it's temps don't want to get out of the single digits...

I'm going to try and hit pick in pull this weekend... if I can find a 4l80e I'd probably go that route... I probably leave a 6.0 behind either...

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been kind of slacking when it comes to the truck lately.

things I have ordered

New starter
PAC 1218 valve springs
Elgin ss2 cam

things I have accomplished since last post

mounted tax module and figured out how I’m going to do the pedal.

cut the battery box up, move things around, and gobbed it back together.

I do wood flags, and lately they been selling like hot cakes... finally got caught up, so now I can work on the truck a bit more.

You must be registered for see images attach