1990 GMC Sierra Street/Strip Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year. It’s tough loosing a parent, it’s amazing how much you still rely on your dad, even if you are a full fledged adult. Wish you the best man.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up the tranny today... finished lowering the rear of the truck the other day.... goal is to get the front lowered and the motor mounts swapped this week... oh, and mount the fuel cell. This weekend I want to start on the motor, basically pull it apart and gap the rings for boost...

I’m going to start a video series on the truck...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question for you, did you verify the specs on your eBay Elgin 1840P SS2 cam? Reason I ask is I was watching a live stream on Sloppy Mechanics last night and someone asked about those cheap eBay SS2s. Matt said they were generally fakes and not worth the money.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a cargo trailer that I converted into a camper, so I put the truck on the back burner for a bit... Finally got back started on it today.... I pulled the front springs and the upper control arms so I'll have an easier time changing the motor mounts tomorrow. After that, I'll cut a coil or so off the stock springs before tossing them back in. The ball joints don't look the best in the world, thinking about going ahead and doing all 4 ball joints and the upper and lower control arms on both sides while I got it apart.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a cargo trailer that I converted into a camper, so I put the truck on the back burner for a bit... Finally got back started on it today.... I pulled the front springs and the upper control arms so I'll have an easier time changing the motor mounts tomorrow. After that, I'll cut a coil or so off the stock springs before tossing them back in. The ball joints don't look the best in the world, thinking about going ahead and doing all 4 ball joints and the upper and lower control arms on both sides while I got it apart.

Is that a snapper rider in under those coil springs??