1990 GMC Sierra Street/Strip Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's going to be street driven, I'd stick with a stock tank. A proper fuel cell has a metal case and a rubber bladder, and you're supposed to remove and inspect the bladder once a year. The bladder is supposed to be replaced every five years. The plastic circle track fuel cells don't have that requirement, but aren't as durable and typically don't have any certifications. Expect them to last about five years. The stock tanks aren't sexy, but just work good, so long as you swap up to a Vortec fuel pump.

I’m just hearing a lot about people having problems with fuel sloshing around during hard launches, causing fueling issues. The main purpose of this truck is to have something to beat on at the track.... but I want to drive it back and fourth to the track (an hour each way, mostly 55 mph zones.) I also want to be able to cruise to car meets and beat it around town a little bit. So not strictly a track truck, but if it doesn’t perform well at the track, it’s not serving it’s purpose. I guess I could just always make sure I have at least a half of a tank in the stock tank...

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The black truck needs a hitch on it, had to borrow my bro n laws explorer so I can haul the truck to town and get the if/od done and to power wash the frame and engine bay at the car wash...

The explorer has the 4.6 with the tow package, I’m surprised at how well it pulls....

You must be registered for see images attach

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I bought a 3 of four wheels and a little 5x8 trailer a while back for 600 bucks. I kept one four wheeler, and sold the other two that needed work for 400 bucks, leaving me with about 200 bucks in the four wheeler (330 polaris) and trailer....

I have a deal worked out with a guy who is giving me 180xxx mile 5.3 lm7, computer, and wiring harness and 300 bucks for the four wheeler....

So in the long run I made 100 bucks, got the trailer and the 5.3, computer, and wiring harness for basically free.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I bought a 3 of four wheels and a little 5x8 trailer a while back for 600 bucks. I kept one four wheeler, and sold the other two that needed work for 400 bucks, leaving me with about 200 bucks in the four wheeler (330 polaris) and trailer....

I have a deal worked out with a guy who is giving me 180xxx mile 5.3 lm7, computer, and wiring harness and 300 bucks for the four wheeler....

So in the long run I made 100 bucks, got the trailer and the 5.3, computer, and wiring harness for basically free.

Suppose to pick the motor up tomorrow.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with the others, those rally wheels painted gold look great! They look good with the dark green paint too. It's a color combo that just plain works.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just hearing a lot about people having problems with fuel sloshing around during hard launches, causing fueling issues.
Two solutions:
1) Put a small sump tank under the hood.
2) Holley hydramat. If you haven't seen video of how it works, it's amazing stuff.

Personally, I'd go with the hydramat. Less complicated and it simply works. It does cost a pretty penny, but it's worth it.
https://www.summitracing.com/search...DisplayPrice&SortOrder=Ascending&fr=part-type

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The deal on the other motor fell through. I found a 5.3 with a btr stage two truck cam already in it. It comes with computer and wiring harness. The computer has had the vats shut off and has been tuned for the cam... price is 650, which is fair enough... I’m pick it up tomorrow evening if all goes well.

I’m got several people interested In the 4.3 and 700r4, some guy is suppose to get it tomorrow for 225 (money towards a th400.)

I also order ls swap mounts from eBay, should be here any day according to usps, which who knows with them.

Might have it running (at least n/a) by March. Might beat on it n/a while I gather parts for the turbo set up....