Wireless Charging? Incorporated Into Dash Pocket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who has done something cool when in comes to wireless charging in these trucks? I am finally upgrading my phone and it will have wireless charging capabilities. Now I use the pocket from the CD Player delete for holding my cell phone. Has anyone made a wireless charging pad to fit in there or bought one they retro fitted and secured in there?

Looking for ideas becasue I hate seeing cords dangling all the time. I like the look of a clean factory interior!

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a wireless charging dock from iOttie right above the cigarette lighter so I can see the screen for navigation. Zip tied the wire so it's not dangling, looks alright, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. If it were me, I'd grab an auxiliary plug, mount it under the dash and run the wire behind the dash up to the bottom of the tray. Cut out a hole in the tray the size of the wireless charger, and epoxy it flush to the bottom

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea not quite what I am looking for, I never found a dash mount style I've liked. Plus it takes away that clean look of the dash in my opinion.

But I do like that Idea of cutting the tray so i could mount the charger flush to it. Because my pocket now is lined with suede and I could re do that so then you wouldn't know its there.... Hmm ok I like it. Only issue i can seeing bad about this is the lip on the pocket causing the phone not to sit flat on the charger.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea not quite what I am looking for, I never found a dash mount style I've liked. Plus it takes away that clean look of the dash in my opinion.

But I do like that Idea of cutting the tray so i could mount the charger flush to it. Because my pocket now is lined with suede and I could re do that so then you wouldn't know its there.... Hmm ok I like it. Only issue i can seeing bad about this is the lip on the pocket causing the phone not to sit flat on the charger.
I've had all sorts of cases on my phones, never had a problem with them charging, I know there's a pretty big lip there, but it should be pretty close to flush edit the layer of suede inside, shouldn't be a problem. Test it before install to make sure it'll work, but I doubt it'll be an issue.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not the ideal scenario/direct comparison but just an FYI my wife's phone is a Galaxy S7 Active, and with a simple TPU case on it, it won't wireless charge on this Belkin disc-shaped pad she bought for her mom's phone...we ended up with it somehow because her mom's phone croaked.

I've noticed it's super picky about where you put the phone down on it; I'm using the same S7 Active phone with no case and use the wireless charger on my nightstand. Might just be choice of a crummy charger...

Richard

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not the ideal scenario/direct comparison but just an FYI my wife's phone is a Galaxy S7 Active, and with a simple TPU case on it, it won't wireless charge on this Belkin disc-shaped pad she bought for her mom's phone...we ended up with it somehow because her mom's phone croaked.

I've noticed it's super picky about where you put the phone down on it; I'm using the same S7 Active phone with no case and use the wireless charger on my nightstand. Might just be choice of a crummy charger...

Richard
I don't have experience with anything other than Samsung chargers, but the new ones from Samsung are much more forgiving in my experience.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard

Yea my wife has a mophie wireless charger and it does not work well for her just basic clear case on here Iphone. But that charger was also made specific for there wireless charge case, so that could be why. But I do know I've heard good things on the Samsung ones as they are the best to buy like what @RawbDidlt said.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a similar idea a few days ago. A Samsung Galaxy S9 in an Otterbox Pursuit case is an almost perfect fit to the flip-up document holder on top of the '95+ center consoles. It would be neat to hide an inductive charger in that thing.

Wireless charging using all Samsung stuff has gotten much better with the newer tech. You still have to get it pretty close, but a half inch of wiggle room in either direction shouldn't be an issue.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar idea a few days ago. A Samsung Galaxy S9 in an Otterbox Pursuit case is an almost perfect fit to the flip-up document holder on top of the '95+ center consoles. It would be neat to hide an inductive charger in that thing.

Wireless charging using all Samsung stuff has gotten much better with the newer tech. You still have to get it pretty close, but a half inch of wiggle room in either direction shouldn't be an issue.

Yea I thought about using that center document writing pad and ditching the lid. But then running the wires all the way to that could be a pain. But I do need a new lid or could ditch it since the latch is broke on it...

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look what I found browsing the web! This may be what I need or am looking for, depending on how the phone fits in the pocket. I could buy a new pocket to experiment with and build up the bottom of the pocket so it sits flush with the dash lip. Then install this?? Hmm its got me thinking, but it would definitely be a pricey experiment lol

You must be registered for see images attach